Solutions for leggy plant falling over?

Reaction score
I am really new to growing cannabis. The first Tangerine Dream did not pop. First Gorilla Glue looked great, then leggy. Then fell over after a week. I had just lowered the lights yesterday and turned them up just a bit, 25% . (TS1000 and Mars Tent 2.3X2.3.) IT almost appears the plant fell after lowering the lights.

I propped the plant upright with more soil. I increased the lights and lowered them to 15" above the leaves. The plant is very green and healthy on the top. I am in a combination of roots organics greenfields and FF Happy frog.

The plant is just over a week above ground. No other nodes but the original.

Is propping them up with soil a solution or should I start over?

The only nutrition I have added is rapid start at 1/2 recommendations. I was to increase dosing this week, but am unsure about doing that. My thoughts are the soil should feed the plant for 2-3 weeks. I PH distilled water down to 6.3 and the soil meter shows it at about 6.5. (Between 6-7)

I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I am really new to growing cannabis. The first Tangerine Dream did not pop. First Gorilla Glue looked great, then leggy. Then fell over after a week. I had just lowered the lights yesterday and turned them up just a bit, 25% . (TS1000 and Mars Tent 2.3X2.3.) IT almost appears the plant fell after lowering the lights.

I propped the plant upright with more soil. I increased the lights and lowered them to 15" above the leaves. The plant is very green and healthy on the top. I am in a combination of roots organics greenfields and FF Happy frog.

The only nutrition I have added is rapid start at 1/2 recommendations. I was to increase dosing this week, but am unsure about doing that. My thoughts are the soil should feed the plant for 2-3 weeks. I PH distilled water down to 6.3 and the soil meter shows it at about 6.5. (Between 6-7)

some air flow from a fan will help keep it strong for now just prop her up with something

Just support the girl and give her more light. She will likely get moving once she develops some roots. In future, more light initially might reduce the problem.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Do you have any pics you can always use a small bit of wire or a straw to prop her up

Do you have any pics you can always use a small bit of wire or a straw to prop her up
Beat me to the piece of wire suggestion - less root ripping than a bamboo stick. :biggrin:

Beat me to the piece of wire suggestion - less root ripping than a bamboo stick. :biggrin:
I propped with soil, increased rotating fan speed, about 75% of light is at 15". Thanks for the comments. I knew it was leggy but it looked great and I think I have been leaning to caution. I was probably 2 days behind changing the light.

Forgot... saw the wire comments. Trying pipe cleaners.

Pipe cleaner support system and as mentioned above, air circulation to keep it wiggling 24/7 to strengthen stem and roots. I like the 75% @15"
Should stop the stretch. When you get a couple of nodes, go to full power @18-24". Using the Ts 1000, I've had good luck with that formula for my auto seedling from sprout to day 14.

Attachments

• Support system.JPG
    Support system.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
Pipe cleaner support system and as mentioned above, air circulation to keep it wiggling 24/7 to strengthen stem and roots. I like the 75% @15"
Should stop the stretch. When you get a couple of nodes, go to full power @18-24". Using the Ts 1000, I've had good luck with that formula for my auto seedling from sprout to day 14.
Nothing like suggestions from owners of the same equipment! :thumbsup:

Reactions: EP3
Love that pipe cleaner support system. :d5:
EP3

Love the pipe cleaner support! If seedlings stretch you can always repot and bury them deeper.

Back