Spider mites? New very good pics w/ WiFi scope for trichs

Reaction score
So far I can’t find any on the plant itself only a few on the stalk. But I’ve done two soil drenches in the past 2 1/2 weeks and 2 foilars w/ azamax. There are 50 or so of them on each fabric pot and air pots maybe more maybe even in the hundreds. Anyways can someone please confirm these are spider mites? @Mañ'O'Green @Tom Bombadil
7145AD68-1AE1-4CF7-A1D9-DF0E35B92973.png
7E4CEA18-9CC6-4698-A61C-78CBADA21546.png
625693A7-42DC-48C5-A1A6-396EA210A128.png
833587AF-F2C5-4525-8473-E8E1B4AF0FE3.png
07FBD813-3241-4C7B-99B1-02250CC7D5A2.jpeg
C1162C31-DD07-4F32-9171-826BA7E95298.jpeg

seem like soil mite, but these usually don't go onto the plant

I haven’t
seem like soil mite, but these usually don't go onto the plant
I haven’t found any on the plant yet. I found one on the stalk of one plant. I just had another guy say they are spider mites. So idk what to think. I bought some wettable sulfur just now I need to find out if you can spray it in flower

What type of soil are you using? How fast do they move?
Most likely juvenile Hypoaspis Miles... predatory mites.. which are no cause for alarm. Spider mites move really slowly and are different color. If they were crawling all over your pots, your plants would already be covered in them most likely.

Last edited:
What type of soil are you using? How fast do they move?
Most likely juvenile Hypoaspis Miles... predatory mites.. which are no cause for alarm. Spider mites move really slowly and are different color. If they were crawling all over your pots, your plants would already be covered in them most likely.
They move pretty fast I’m going to try to get some more pics. I’ve kinda thought that maybe they haven’t gotten to the plants bc of the soil drenches and foilars? I’m using pro mix bx and FFHF

I’ve kinda thought that maybe they haven’t gotten to the plants bc of the soil drenches and foilars? I’m using pro mix bx and FFHF

Well I told you what I think. They are your plants to do with as you wish. Personally I wouldnt drench the soil or the foliage unless completely necessary... but i'm picky. My soil is full of all sorts of mites... all of them good.
Have a good one.

Well I told you what I think. They are your plants to do with as you wish. Personally I wouldnt drench the soil or the foliage unless completely necessary... but i'm picky. My soil is full of all sorts of mites... all of them good.
Have a good one.
I haven’t done anything yet. But I did find some on the plants themselves tonight. And I do appreciate you’re insight I promise! I’m going to spend the day tomorrow trying to get some better shots of them and go from there. Finding them on the plants themselves does have worried. But it’s just the first time I’ve ever saw pests in my garden lol

I think they are either predatory mites or soil mites based on the pictures and if they move fast. I'd wait a couple more days and check if the leaves where they are going to get any signs of damage. They might just be predatory mites looking for food... if they are bad mites, you'll start seeing damage pretty soon in the leaves and laid eggs in them. Try to also take magnified pics of the underside of leaves... look for eggs this way.

Oh, and for better pics... try to capture one and give it a drop of alcohol... that usually freezes/kills them for a steady pic.

Last edited:
I think they are either predatory mites or soil mites based on the pictures and if they move fast. I'd wait a couple more days and check if the leaves where they are going to get any signs of damage. They might just be predatory mites looking for food... if they are bad mites, you'll start seeing damage pretty soon in the leaves and laid eggs in them. Try to also take magnified pics of the underside of leaves... look for eggs this way.

Oh, and for better pics... try to capture one and give it a drop of alcohol... that usually freezes/kills them for a steady pic.
The alcohol is a gold nugget! Going to try that tonight! Thank you

Back