New Grower squadW first Journal

Reaction score
Howdy AFN,
This will be my first journal on the site, and my 4th grow over all. Last 3 have been in a space tote made out of Home Depot storage totes with blurples, but I've finally stepped it up to a real setup. I thought since I finally have a decent setup I'd get a journal started! Have a Mars Hydro 2x2 and a SpiderFarmer SF1000 light currently @60% and 22 inches from the canopy. I started a CannaCheese and SamsquanchOG x Forum Stomper in some Fox Farms light warrior, girls finally broke ground on 4/20 for the SSOGxFS and 4/22 for the CC. Once they had their first set of true leaves I transplanted into FFOF with added rice hulls for aeration and some Dynomyco on 4/29 and threw down some cover crop seeds and dried leaves to help keep the top of the soil moist, then watered in with recharge. 5/1 gave them ~a quarter of a gallon dechlorinated tap water and today is the next watering, once lights come on. My goal for grows is to get some clean tasty buds and have fun, that's basically it. I'd like to move to a TLS 20x20 bed in the tent for the next grow and I think having this journal will be nice as Ive been super lazy documenting and I'd like to actually learn form my mistakes :biggrin:

Dropping some pics of the process so far, would love to have any advice you can offer or just good vibes along for the ride.

Thanks!
SSOGxFS and CannaCheese yesterday
IMG_2776.jpgIMG_2768.jpgIMG_2775.jpgIMG_2769.jpg
Older shots
IMG_2706.jpgIMG_2670.jpgIMG_2669.jpg3FEFD574-3419-4F99-AFFA-3310E0C76D32.jpg

Shameless! lol
I'll be following, can't go wrong with Mephisto! :pass:

They got some water and a sprinkle of compost to cover the cover crop seeds yesterday. Still slow going, first pic is SSOGxFS day 16 second is CannaCheese day 14.

5B937070-E188-4E2F-8068-0EB1AFA57648.jpeg319B65E8-44BF-42D2-8352-4A91B648F5BE.jpeg

Nice going dude. Similar story here re. the recent move from ghetto grow space to a proper tent. I was fiddling around in a storage box turned up on its ass for a while. I'll watch along and see how your trip goes, if I may :jointman: cheese grows are always fun

Nice going dude. Similar story here re. the recent move from ghetto grow space to a proper tent. I was fiddling around in a storage box turned up on its ass for a while. I'll watch along and see how your trip goes, if I may :jointman: cheese grows are always fun
Happy to have you! The cheese is my early favorite for sure, even at the first node my hands were smelling good after touching the leaves.

Not much to say at this point, still vegging out and the SSOGxFS is almost ready to be topped but not quite. Cover crop is coming in nicely. Temps here have dropped sharply after a couple days of rain so there’s been more fluctuations than I’d like but it is what it is :shrug:
5ABE648C-0748-4A35-90EE-AFD5791BF76D.jpeg

Hopefully you won't find out your OF is one of the too hot mixes. Seems there might be problems in the producer pipeline. A ppm check of your dechlorinated tap water would probably be a good idea as well.

Hopefully you won't find out your OF is one of the too hot mixes. Seems there might be problems in the producer pipeline. A ppm check of your dechlorinated tap water would probably be a good idea as well.
Hey Bill, thanks for stopping by! My water is 140mg/l and avg ph between 8.8 and 9.1. Should probably drop some lemon juice in the water to drop ph a bit but I haven’t tried yet. I started in FF light warrior and transplanted to try to avoid seedling issues w/ocean forest - seems to have worked as my last round went straight into FFOF and had some issues.

Hey Bill, thanks for stopping by! My water is 140mg/l and avg ph between 8.8 and 9.1. Should probably drop some lemon juice in the water to drop ph a bit but I haven’t tried yet. I started in FF light warrior and transplanted to try to avoid seedling issues w/ocean forest - seems to have worked as my last round went straight into FFOF and had some issues.
You could better use sulfuric acid. If you don't have a growshop nearby then you can use pH down for the swimmingpool. Just make sure it's main ingredient is sulfuric acid and not hydrochloric acid :thumbsup:

I've just been using vinegar the few times I've needed it myself.

Yeah, my plants seem to like 6 to 6.5 with my 50/50 tap/RO water.

Back