OLD REVIEWS Super Sativa Seed Club Auto Ellephant

Olderfart

DIY whenever possible, and sometimes when it isn't
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Various strains, via MCT oil tincture, gummies, dry flower vaping.
Greetings all. The will provide my review of the Auto Ellephant strain now that my grow and show of the strain is wrapping up. The bud from this grow is now in bags drying, so I will finish this review up once it is dry and I try a vape of it.

SeedBank :

Super Sativa Seed Bank

Strain:

Auto Ellephant

Did it autoflower?: Yes

Soil/hydro:

DIY soil mix started from scratch with peat and amendments, cooked for several weeks before planting. Details in journal here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/olderfarts-dive-down-the-living-soil-rabbit-hole.84847/
Pots were "10 gallon" fabric irrigated by autovalves in custom trays.

Nutes:

Water only for most of the grow and ~125EC of PK boost (Greenleaf Bud Explosion) for last couple weeks.

Light (kind and schedule):

DIY screw in arrays with varied mix of 2700K and 5500K, 20/4, 500-600ppfd once past the first couple nodes.

From seed to harvest date: __days

Two harvests, one at 97 days, the other at 102. I think she could have gone longer, but I elected to chop due to general appearance of the plant, and because not much change in trichs seemed to be happening.

Dry Yield: _g
TBA, but will be my biggest haul from an auto yet.

High/Effect Duration:

TBA

In-depth
This grow suffered a bit from my first soil mix attempt which seems to have been either a bit hot with N, or too low pH, or both. In spite of that, Miss Ellephant produced well.

Germination was 100% and seedling growth was vigorous.

I topped her above the 4th node, and she grew into a compact bush likely around 24" or so tall (not measured). The colas were massive, by far the largest I have grown, and IMO, she would have been better off stretched more than she was. I recommend getting this strain stretched initially by either lower light or less blue/more red so that the colas don't turn out so compact. I think the structure of my plant was a risk for bud rot, but I managed to keep a lid on it by keeping the RH well down on the VPD scale, and removing fans to open up the lower canopy. When I chopped, I examined the inside of the colas carefully, and there was zero sign of bud rot. There were a few tips of trapped fan leaves that were rotten, but deterioration never progressed past the tips of a few trapped leaves. All considered, the strain seems resistant to rot, but getting her stretched more than I did would be a good idea. Personally, I would not try this strain outdoors or in a greenhouse unless I treated with RotBlock, but in fairness, the same would be said for anything I have grown. My local climate is not friendly for finishing grows outdoors.

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good
Definitely 5 stars - this strain has huge yield potential, and was a pleasure to grow. Top shelf genetics in my opinion.

BAG APPEAL: *****
5 stars - golf ball sized nugs, among the densest and stickiest I have grown.

THE GROWTH: *****

5 stars, with the proviso that deliberate effort at getting her stretched would be a good idea.

THE SMELL: *****

To my dumb nose, the pinene and limonene are dominant. No real fuel or sweet fruit to my nose. Hints of conifer mixed with lemon cleaner might not be too far afield, but I am not good at describing smells. Not a stinker to my nose, but very pleasant. I'll update once the cure is underway, no doubt the aroma will change. All considered, another 5 stars, although different folks, different strokes...

THE SMOKE: *****
No idea. Vaping TBA. OTOH, I did vape a bit of scissor hash and it was surprisingly nice, uplifting mild high.

THE HIGH: *****

TBA

That will do for now peeps, I will update as the dry and cure move along. In closing, I want to send sincere thanks to SSSC for providing the opportunity to demo this strain. Also, I want to congratulate SSSC on breeding an unqualified winner! Auto Ellephant is an excellent option for growers looking for a productive strain with a THC weighted mix with CBD.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back