Mossy

Daenerys Targaryen
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dragon
Just popping this here temporary til I find JM's willow thread...

The wonders of ASPRIN!
Asprin is proving to be a boost to a gardener's tool belt in many ways. You may have heard that among other things, asprin helps keep cut flowers fresh - and this is true. It works much better than the florist -provided packets - just add an asprin to the water. You may not know of its other garden uses. Studies show that asprin water makes seedlings sprout sooner, cuttings root quicker, and established plants healthier. Use a mortar and pestle or just the back of a wooden spoon to mash up the asprin. Use it at a rate of one asprin per quart of water or about two per gallon.

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/hzm-se1.html

Last edited:
OIC how ya are... only give the southeast zones! screw us northern guys right? lol

Ha ha..just click the button at the bottom of the temp chart and it will take you to any area.
Thought it might be handy guide for the Outdoor US growers...:thumbs:

The other one I find handy is
weather.com
it gives a fairly handy 10 day forecast..
you can tailor it in with your zip..post-code..
and it gives you natural light hours...handy for an outdoor-er.

I'll shuffle them shortly..:head:

Did you see the asprin..
When I was reading your willow post..something started to nag @ my brain that I had seen ASPRIN added to plant water as an anti-mold precaution..
for those like me that can't get willow..
so I started hunting it down yesterday.

for those like me that can't get willow..
so I started hunting it down yesterday

Glad you caught it with a good nagging! lol

Cant get willow? Eaaaaaaasy to grow! I'll send ya some shoots if ya like... can grow em right in a bucket of water and change the water occasionally... right into your bubbler.. sacilcyclic acid ! (My plan :) )

Back