Indoor Testing the eazyplug pyramid mini.

@Little-Leopard, amazing results, I'll have to go back and catch up a bit. @kfigerm, howdy.

Hi Chaps, apologies for long time between posts. I feel I finally have some useful information to post after puzzling over these pyramids and trying to figure out too much stuff all at once. After dozens of pyramids I have arrived at a routine that works pretty well for hand watering. I've settled on the basic GP3 or GH nutes with no additives. The occasional plant is susceptible to getting some leaf necrosis, which I have deduced is down to some plants being a bit prone to having their roots with too much water. It is a bit puzzling and it's only the small pyramids that seem to show this.

I'll be moving everything into a 32" x 60" tent soon, and I have now finished my second large pyramid, more on that in a minute, I've settled on a simply nute formula of 30ml Micro 20ml Grow 25ml Bloom, to start, then 20ml Micro 10ml Grow and 30ml Bloom after a few weeks. Then maybe 10ml Micro and 40ml Bloom for the final weeks. Plus a bucket of pH6 water to use. I think I had a few dodgy seeds and also I've been cutting down how moist they are to begin with. Up until the first 4 weeks I try to just water from the outside and let the bottom stay a bit dryish, this seems to help with avoiding necrosis.

I'll be growing one large and two small pyramids every 5 weeks. First ones went well, and are almost finished, tried a new supplier with fat juicy looking seeds AK-47 from mediseedman.com one in a small pyramid and one in a large pyramid, they both started off looking pretty much the same (for a change) so I thought it would make a good test. The flower structure is a bit different on the small pyramid and also the small one faded nicely but the big pyramid seems to hold a lot of nutrient and the leaves stayed very green but I gave them no N other than what they already held, and I'm trying to give them a full 10 weeks. Small one harvested at 9 weeks and the large pyramid is going for another week.

So here is the first 5 weeks of AK-47 in large and small pyramid and one BCN Critical XXL

AK BCN - 1.jpegAK BCN - 2.jpegAK BCN - 3.jpegAK BCN - 4.jpegAK BCN - 5.jpegAK BCN - 6.jpegAK BCN - 7.jpeg

After planting the next three a Tre Lime Sorbetto, Orange Cookies, and Blue Nurdz, I discovered tiny little white dots which turned out to be animals. They are very small, needed a 10 x loupe to be able to tell they are aphid like, maybe root aphids, so this was a bit depressing AK BCN - 8.jpeg
I bought some commercial neem oil and mixed up a bucket, it went milky white so looks to be already emulsified. I sprayed them at first then I just thought fuckit and soaked them in the bucket twice, drained and soaked again, I did the same a week later, expecting everything to be dead. Because I washed all the nutrients away everything was yellow

AK BCN - 9.jpeg

So that was on the 9th Feb where they are two weeks old, but two weeks later on the 23rd and they have survived their trauma, so I am pretty impressed with that.

AK BCN - 10.jpeg

Will be updating the final 5 weeks of AK 47 and BCN Critical soon.

This is the bcn critical xxl which was a freebie, she grew very fast and had two separate necrotic leaf attacks, I cut them off both times and at 6 weeks she looked a bit sad BCN Critical - 1.jpeg however by week 8 she was looking much better.BCN Critical - 2.jpeg

I have suspected various things that might cause this type of leaf necrosis, and if I see any I just take extra care to not over water. Particular plants seem to be susceptible, especially the more indica looking phenotypes. So in the group shot that is the BCN on the left and the two AK-47, one is fading to yellow nicely but the large one has the healthiest looking leaves I've ever gotten at this stage of growth, and they are all eating the same food. Next post, the two AK-47's, one of which was harvested a few days ago at nine weeks, and the other one is still on her way to 10wks.

Attachments

• BCN Critical - 3.jpeg
    BCN Critical - 3.jpeg
    424.1 KB · Views: 36
  • BCN Critical - 4.jpeg
    BCN Critical - 4.jpeg
    388.1 KB · Views: 30
  • BCN Critical - 5.jpeg
    BCN Critical - 5.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 25
  • BCN Critical - 6.jpeg
    BCN Critical - 6.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 31
4 weeks AK-47 - 1.jpeg
7 weeksAK-47 - 2.jpeg

8 weeks AK-47 - 5.jpegAK-47 - 6.jpeg

All the other shots are the small pyramid.

AK-47 - 3.jpeg
AK-47 - 8.jpeg

Attachments

• AK-47 - 4.jpeg
    AK-47 - 4.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 18
  • AK-47 - 7.jpeg
    AK-47 - 7.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 14
  • AK-47 - 9.jpeg
    AK-47 - 9.jpeg
    435.8 KB · Views: 14
  • AK-47 - 10.jpeg
    AK-47 - 10.jpeg
    370.6 KB · Views: 28
@The Iconoclast it is really hard to keep up with the nutrient needs in a small substrate like those. It is almost like growing in a Solo Cup. The same type of leaf damage can also happen if the RH gets too low or too high. The plants look fine overall and you will be in trim jail soon.

Hi @The Iconoclast , nice to see you back and doing well.
I had the little white predators as well, but in the run they didn't do any visible harm - that was the summer run with the big ultimate.
I am still somewhere in between caring about microbes and using h2o2 to kill all off - h2o2 seems more appropriate and keep them clean from mold etc. Especially trying to reuse them will introduce some mold to my experience now.
I go with @Mañ'O'Green on the small pyramids, because i saw how fast they can dry out. to prevent too much water sitting in the jar, perhaps raise it with some mini cubes or claypebbles.
There would be too much pics and I don't want to capture the thread, so anyone enterested may have a look at my thread - a lot of mess going on, but nearly nothing pyramid related, except mold on reused pyramids! So I'll stick to them as long as I can find something better/same but cheaper.

Cheers!

Had to give these pyramids a go. Pic is from yesterday, D6 from dry seed. All meph, have an sodk right behind em (first sodk bean was a dud, other is germing now and looks good). Tap roots shot straight through the bottom of the both plugs really fast, think i moved to the cubes 1-2 days after sprouting.

Dwc is killing my back, was going to switch to coco but then stumbled on you guys here. I’m amazed at how well cannabis takes to the pyramids - bizarre they dont market them as such. Anyway i have lots of UC Roots left in the jug and it’s treated me so well, so i’m going to run these sterile and see if that addresses the algae others have experienced. Currently running tap at 5.8 with just a splash of gh rapid start root enhancer and uc roots. Will give them a week or so before adding a touch of silica and ultra light mix of gh flora.

I am excited to see how these turn out, and happy to have found this forum.

Attachments

• FC27575F-6C7B-49EC-A145-4F81174032A3.jpeg
    FC27575F-6C7B-49EC-A145-4F81174032A3.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 40
Hey guys!
@The Iconoclast
@kfigerm
@Mañ'O'Green

Great to see you all back here... good to hear from you all. I'm happy to be back and alive.

As always great info above!

I thought I would share a few pics of my Ethos Purple Thai run:
Video at 70 days - end of grow and lights out.

Pics - start to finish.
IMG_0614.jpgIMG_0737.jpgIMG_1388.jpgIMG_1441.jpgIMG_1658.jpgIMG_1786.jpgIMG_1789.jpgIMG_1918.jpgIMG_1370.jpg

Hey @Little-Leopard. your setup and treatment work out. That's really a nice one! Seems testing phase has ended for you. What's connected to that pc power supply? Fans? meters? Controllers?
What have you learned and what did you implement on them this time?
Really nice work on these !small! pyramids. You for sure feed more than once a day from week 3 on.

Hey @Little-Leopard. your setup and treatment work out. That's really a nice one! Seems testing phase has ended for you. What's connected to that pc power supply? Fans? meters? Controllers?
What have you learned and what did you implement on them this time?
Really nice work on these !small! pyramids. You for sure feed more than once a day from week 3 on.
I will for sure give as much detail as possible on Monday.

Back