Testing the Wild Thing (USA Only)

The temp is averaging 73°F and RH is averaging 56% and I've only had the grow tent and lights for 5½ months now and I had some trouble finding the right height and intensity for the lights but I finally think I got them dialed in. I still have a couple seeds of Wild Thing left cuz their was 5 in the pack so if you want I'll keep these two going but I'll start another one to see if it makes any difference but I can't guarantee anything I'm also not using any nutrients or fertilizer yet so that'll be something else that I plan to start looking into later this month especially since I'm getting back into Photos now that I've got room. The other thing is during lights out the temperature is dipping down to 66-68°F and the soil temp is getting a little colder than I'd like but I just got a bigger heating mat with temperature probe.

Confirmed that roots finally hit the res for both plants. Levels dropped 3/4” since posting last! Now it’ll be time to feed! Will be Megacrop one part. Gonna start at 1/2 gpg and move up from there. Should see some major growth soon!

Wild Thing R2
She is ready for transplant outdoors, just waiting for the weather to warm up just a bit more before it goes out into my native Michigan soil. I was out in the outdoor garden a bit this weekend prepping the ground for transplant. I'm looking forward to testing this girl outdoors. It's definitely going to get put through the ringer in the outdoor setting.
20240421_105353.jpg
20240421_105358.jpg

Week 7 New
Howdy y’all :toke:
It’s week 7 day #50 of my math is right. I wanted to make sure I got my weekly update in earlier since the weather is so nice and we have been working outside more to prepare the vegetables, fruits, raised beds and greenhouse for the year.

This one might be a little long :biggrin:

I ran into a problem Sunday morning when I opened the tents, I found Wild Thing #1 (littler one on the right side) was laying over, almost on its side, leaning against #2.
The stalk is very skinny and it doesn’t appear to have much root structure. Which makes me think it needs silica.
Of course this one has been lagging behind the entire grow and I decided to try and figure out what is going on. First thing I did was recenter my light on the tent and moved both plants to get the optimum footprint from the light. I put a 4’ bamboo stake on the pot and tied #1 up to it. I measured intensity 615-705 for #1 and 750-912 for #2. Light is approx 10”from #2 and 18” from #1 measured at canopy. Light set at 75%
Once I got it straightened out I noticed that the float indicator on the #1 grobucket was showing 2-3 leaves (5is like max full) while #2 was empty. My last watering/feed for both was last Wednesday 4/16. At that time I mixed up 2gal and gave 1gal to each plant to hold me over till Sunday. When I was done with that #2 was floating at 3leaves and #1 was at 4.
Specs of that feed/water were
PH set to 6.3 (was 8.4)
PPM 480
EC 1.0

So basically between Wednesday and Sunday #2 used everything up but #1 barely used 1 leaf amount. Here’s a photo from Wednesday after the feed/water
IMG_1583.jpeg

I decided to empty #1 reservoir and start taking measurements of the contents.
Pulled float stick to access the reservoir through the fill pipe.
TC_00584.jpeg

Used my battery powered RV pump to suck the reservoir dry and measure contents. The fluid did not have a smell , so I’m ruling out any sort of rot issue, water was clean with a slight yellow tint , right at 2” in a 2gal bucket.

TC_00587.jpeg

TC_00590.jpeg

PH
TC_00592.jpeg

PPM
TC_00599.jpeg

EC
TC_00601.jpeg

So it appears that I have too much nutrients ? I went from 1.0-3.6 EC, pH 6.3-6.5 and PPM 480-1800 in just about 4 days time. I’m pretty sure I watered on Wednesday from the top because I had too dressed previously with worm castings. So do I just have too many nutrients building up and it’s not uptaking anything ? The extra EC & PPM come from watering from the top and flushing more into the reservoir ?

here’s here’s a photo after I drained it took a few bigger leaves off
TC_00602.jpeg

One from today
TC_00605.jpeg

I thought about letting them dry out until both pots are light to pick up and then water with just PH water and some silica (Humboldts Tree Trunk ).
Thought I’d post all this to see
If I’m on the right track here ? Only concern has been the lighter leaf color on the #1 mostly (was originally thinking needed more nitrogen and that’s what caused the top dress and top water recently) and then the thin stalk and laying over from #1
Oh well that’s my big update for week 7 lol. I’m glad I’m keeping track of everything, #2 is a beautiful plant and it’s even showing rigorous growth since I pulled some leaves yesterday. #2 is going to be thirsty long before #1 is , I suspect. Let me know your thoughts if you have any. Thanks
:bighug:

Last edited:
Howdy y’all :toke:
It’s week 7 day #50 of my math is right. I wanted to make sure I got my weekly update in earlier since the weather is so nice and we have been working outside more to prepare the vegetables, fruits, raised beds and greenhouse for the year.

This one might be a little long :biggrin:

I ran into a problem Sunday morning when I opened the tents, I found Wild Thing #1 (littler one on the right side) was laying over, almost on its side, leaning against #2.
The stalk is very skinny and it doesn’t appear to have much root structure. Which makes me think it needs silica.
Of course this one has been lagging behind the entire grow and I decided to try and figure out what is going on. First thing I did was recenter my light on the tent and moved both plants to get the optimum footprint from the light. I put a 4’ bamboo stake on the pot and tied #1 up to it. I measured intensity 615-705 for #1 and 750-912 for #2. Light is approx 10”from #2 and 18” from #1 measured at canopy. Light set at 75%
Once I got it straightened out I noticed that the float indicator on the #1 grobucket was showing 2-3 leaves (5is like max full) while #2 was empty. My last watering/feed for both was last Wednesday 4/16. At that time I mixed up 2gal and gave 1gal to each plant to hold me over till Sunday. When I was done with that #2 was floating at 3leaves and #1 was at 4.
Specs of that feed/water were
PH set to 6.3 (was 8.4)
PPM 480
EC 1.0

So basically between Wednesday and Sunday #2 used everything up but #1 barely used 1 leaf amount. Here’s a photo from Wednesday after the feed/water
View attachment 1678627

I decided to empty #1 reservoir and start taking measurements of the contents.
Pulled float stick to access the reservoir through the fill pipe.
View attachment 1678628
Used my battery powered RV pump to suck the reservoir dry and measure contents. The fluid did not have a smell , so I’m ruling out any sort of rot issue, water was clean with a slight yellow tint , right at 2” in a 2gal bucket.

View attachment 1678629

View attachment 1678630
PH
View attachment 1678631
PPM
View attachment 1678632
EC
View attachment 1678633
So it appears that I have too much nutrients ? I went from 1.0-3.6 EC, pH 6.3-6.5 and PPM 480-1800 in just about 4 days time. I’m pretty sure I watered on Wednesday from the top because I had too dressed previously with worm castings. So do I just have too many nutrients building up and it’s not uptaking anything ? The extra EC & PPM come from watering from the top and flushing more into the reservoir ?

here’s here’s a photo after I drained it took a few bigger leaves off
View attachment 1678634
One from today
View attachment 1678635

I thought about letting them dry out until both pots are light to pick up and then water with just PH water and some silica (Humboldts Tree Trunk ).
Thought I’d post all this to see
If I’m on the right track here ? Only concern has been the lighter leaf color on the #1 mostly (was originally thinking needed more nitrogen and that’s what caused the top dress and top water recently) and then the thin stalk and laying over from #1
Oh well that’s my big update for week 7 lol. I’m glad I’m keeping track of everything, #2 is a beautiful plant and it’s even showing rigorous growth since I pulled some leaves yesterday. #2 is going to be thirsty long before #1 is , I suspect. Let me know your thoughts if you have any. Thanks
:bighug:
I would probably let the #2 plant dry out a little bit. Definitely seems like something is hindering nutrient uptake. There is more than likely plenty of neuts there for it to feast but it's just not being used. You could play with the PH when u water #2 and see if possibly a higher or lower ph helps to correct it. Looking good despite the troubles though nice job.

Looking real nice bud! Those are looking very happy. How's the tent smelling?
The smell from the dry fertilizer is too strong to tell. :biggrin: The branches on these Wild Things are robust :thumbsup:

Back