Live Stoners The FNG

Cardinal

Cardinal Cultivations - Wawashell
Reaction score
GREETINGS AFN and Members,

New to this forum but been a member to grasscity almost a year and have done a journal there.

My first real autoflower run is going on now and is in the New Growers Journal area. 4 Himalayan Blue Diesel reg. seed run (am hoping for a male or two for breeding seeds)

I am intrigued how far autos have come and now wanting to run more and more. Not stopping photos but am taking a break.

image.jpg

Welcome to afn! Your plants are looking fantastic. Check out the place, we have tons of forums. I just got my first pollen and am shooting for a cross and seeds to have fun with.

hey buddy welcome to afn. im sure youll be pleasently surprised what autos can do these days. i was of the impression they were useless till i stumbled across this wonderful site but turns out they can compete with photos no problem : ) . everyones friendly and helpfull here so never be scared to ask if you get stuck or lost. can tag us @EvilScotsman like that or pop into live stoners and someone will poke you in the right direction. happy growing amigo : )

Nice plants, I'm really loving the Buddah! Welcome to AFN!

Increase your chance of males: If you have a very small grow space like your two plants. Obviously you could plant 3 seedlings instead of 2 hoping to increase your chances of having 2 males. Makes sense right? But did you increase your chances?

For your two seeds, and ignoring environmental factors which might affect sex, you've only got a 1-in-4 chance (25%) that both are male. But there's also a 1-in-4 chance that both are females. There's a 50% chance one is female and the other male. So 75% of the time, you won't have two males:

MM MF FM FF

However, if you have 3 seedlings instead of 2, you've got a 50% chance that at least two are male, a 37.5% chance that only 1 is male, and a 12.5% chance that all 3 will be female:

MMM MMF MFM MFF FMM FMF FFM FFF

Germing just one more seedling, you've doubled the odds of having at least 2 males (from 25% to 50%), and cut in half the chance of having no males (from 25% to 12.5%). Every seed you add will reduce the chance of having no males by 50%. So having 4 seeds, even though you've only got room for two to flower, your chance of having all females is only 6.25%, and your chance of having at least 2 males is now 68.75%.

Hope this serves you well in your coming adventures! Good luck bud!

Nice plants, I'm really loving the Buddah! Welcome to AFN!

Increase your chance of males: If you have a very small grow space like your two plants. Obviously you could plant 3 seedlings instead of 2 hoping to increase your chances of having 2 males. Makes sense right? But did you increase your chances?

For your two seeds, and ignoring environmental factors which might affect sex, you've only got a 1-in-4 chance (25%) that both are male. But there's also a 1-in-4 chance that both are females. There's a 50% chance one is female and the other male. So 75% of the time, you won't have two males:

MM MF FM FF

However, if you have 3 seedlings instead of 2, you've got a 50% chance that at least two are male, a 37.5% chance that only 1 is male, and a 12.5% chance that all 3 will be female:

MMM MMF MFM MFF FMM FMF FFM FFF

Germing just one more seedling, you've doubled the odds of having at least 2 males (from 25% to 50%), and cut in half the chance of having no males (from 25% to 12.5%). Every seed you add will reduce the chance of having no males by 50%. So having 4 seeds, even though you've only got room for two to flower, your chance of having all females is only 6.25%, and your chance of having at least 2 males is now 68.75%.

Hope this serves you well in your coming adventures! Good luck bud!
Thanks for the welcome. Yea I know there is usually a 50/50 chance for a male. That's why there's 4 in there,lol. They go from A-D (gotta keep stuff labeled,lol). That is awesome info though. I have read thru Grow/Breeding Bible a few times (and I still don't get some of it, lol). But your explanation is pretty good. A bit easier than reading all the scientific stuff over the same topic in the Grow Bible

Back