Harvest & Curing The time we all work so hard for. Achieving the Perfect Cure!

Are your stems making a nice snap sound when bending after four days?

May I say kind of? My Sour cracks yes but blue toof special is a bit bendy but not a snap. Maybe I should let BTS dry a bit more?

Smoking the hek out of my SC s. Zero hay smell after a week or so in jars.

And thank you for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for some feedback on WHEN to put my 62% boveda packs in jars.

What I’m doing...dry for 4 days, place in jars with small humidifier. After 12 to 24 hours I check humidity. Last batch sat at 65/68 RH after the 12/24 hours in jars...one up to 72%. That’s when I put my 62% packs in.

In saying that, a few days later RH drops and stays at 59% RH. Checked and double checked my small humidifier and fairly confident in what they display. I’m good with 59%, I think?

Boveda users have many different ways of using Boveda. Some like myself, dry slowly trying to keep the RH in the area about 50%. Then cure with Boveda immediately. While others don't cure with Boveda but add it in for storage. We've heard a trend in the US with large growers who use the 58% to cure but then the 62's to store. The only part of your technique is the time spent in the "risk" zone which is 65% or over. 65 is where microorganism growth begins. In the end, I'd say that yes, you're good at 59% :) Cheers! -Dianna

Boveda users have many different ways of using Boveda. Some like myself, dry slowly trying to keep the RH in the area about 50%. Then cure with Boveda immediately. While others don't cure with Boveda but add it in for storage. We've heard a trend in the US with large growers who use the 58% to cure but then the 62's to store. The only part of your technique is the time spent in the "risk" zone which is 65% or over. 65 is where microorganism growth begins. In the end, I'd say that yes, you're good at 59% :) Cheers! -Dianna

Thank you for your reply Dianna. Sounds like my sour crack is fine at that percentage. Ended up putting my BTS back in a bag last night and back to jars today.

And great product ya got there!!

Great thread was just thinking about how shitty the cure was on my gorilla glue ,have to try this way

Just finished harvesting an pineapple express auto. Any tips on curing and drying ..
20201130_083355.jpg
20201130_100818.jpg
20201130_083510.jpg
20201130_083519.jpg
20201130_083411.jpg

Nice I was thinking about growing this strain,where you get the seeds from
I’ve been doing the paper bag trick,seems to work
3 days in a bag dont
Open it you can give it a shake to move the buds around,then after 3 days open bag see how dry it is,if it’s ready into jars,trick to the jars is you have to burp them few times a day for
The first week,worked
Good for me because I refuse to spend money on them fancy moisture packs lol

Last edited:
Back