Harvest & Curing The time we all work so hard for. Achieving the Perfect Cure!

Yep when you're that big, you need a humidor room for sure. They make things so much easier.
But I would guess most on here aren't quite on that level yet....
That's cool you used one though, most of the guys I know playing that big, just want to dry & get it gone as soon as possible.

True.

If you have too much for the jars, you can also use a good, clean, ice chest with bovida packs or humidity beads.
Just like in the jars, you will need to burp the cooler from time to time. Make sure you don't pack the buds in too tight, and allow some airflow inside the cooler. A small PC fan will help maintain even RH throughout the cooler.

You can get humidity beads from here.
http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=65%+Rh+Humidity+Beads

I hope this has been some help for those with larger outdoor harvests.
Peace Out.
HomieHogleg

Putting this method to work right now, have been for last couple harvest. I truly think its the best way to cure. You can't mess it up! I have had some bud with a hay smell before, after doing this cure it took care of that. This thread deserves a sticky!

It seems to me that most drying times I read are way to long for me. If I'm at 40% humidity and dry for 4 days + 1, may buds have gone into the crispy stage. For years now, in my closet at 40% humidity I dry for 24 to 36 hours. Then I'd trim and jar them to cure. Usually takes 2 weeks to be smokable, longer to get "Right".
I dont know if Im doing something wrong or not. This year Im jacking up the humidity in the closet to 60 to 65% and see if it can hang a little longer. Then Im going to cure in mason jars with 65% humidity pacs untill is "Right".
Gonna water cure 1 plant this year as well. Ill lower the humidity in the closet for that particular plant.
If anyone has any more advice on this matter I'd be happy to hear it.:idea:

This is some good info...Im using it now... I just got my caliber 3 today and checking my jars.

Works awesome , perfect cure everytime!

a6fa42c6-57cd-537b.jpg

a6fa42c6-57df-06e5.jpg

Sent using Droid Bionic

Curing Marijuana

Just found this among my e-books and thought I could share it. Interesting suggestions about flavoring your buds.

Is it just me?

Great thread, guys. :hot:Lotsa cool stuff. Maybe even somewhat Accurate. Keep on ...

I saw iterative thread 1st. Then I came here. Did not see anyplace to reply. Came back here. On my computer, the pictures appear on the other thread all mixed up and somewhat difficult to follow yet noone said a word about it. Now I know the difference between an Assistant and a Caliber III.
:clap:
Without getting into any of the bigger issues on this monumental thread, the digital meters have me confused. I have one, without the History and the comment that yours display which now tells me why I should have purchased that. There is little info on the Caliber III . Its obviously is cooler. It shows 2 numbers (no history?) and has 2 buttons which display something else (?) the little electret microphone thing seems to be for air intake.

Which do you prefer?

So do you have to calibrate every hygrometer? just wondering if i have to buy the hygrometer and a calibration kit

Back