This is when I usually screw things up. Stop me!

Autos usually are fed less than photos. I use Megacrop one part and usually don’t go over 4 grams per gallon. Photos will take 6 gpg. Usually when flower commences there will be a noticeable change in the plant, needing less N but more PK. Lower leaves will fade or drop. Nothing new… but if it progresses up the plant then there is a problem. Unless you’re near the end then a good autumn fade is nice and means plant is using up available nutes. Some on here can grow a plant from start to finish with no fade… magicians lol. It can be done but knowledge of a certain cultivar make this possible. And copious amounts of notes to review and adjust to. Every plant is different and will uptake what it needs but over nute can and will damage a plant
I need to take more accurate notes. Some cultivars can take my abuse better than others. Maybe I should grow one or two cultivars at a time until I know what I'm doing. With six varieties in nine pots is hard to tell what I'm doing. I am thinking of planting into 18-gallon tubs for the next 4x4 grow. A few months down the road. I looks like the bigger pots are more forgiving. As long as I don't over do the nutes.

I need to take more accurate notes. Some cultivars can take my abuse better than others. Maybe I should grow one or two cultivars at a time until I know what I'm doing. With six varieties in nine pots is hard to tell what I'm doing. I am thinking of planting into 18-gallon tubs for the next 4x4 grow. A few months down the road. I looks like the bigger pots are more forgiving. As long as I don't over do the nutes.
If you plan on a 18 gallon tub I would seriously consider a living soil, essentially water only!

My tomatoes are loving the same soil without the perlite. They are in the 18 gal tubs I plan to use. I put some local squirmy worms in with the top dressing/mulch. There's plenty of critters in the soil too. Some I've never seen before but nature is keeping things balanced. Outside, that's fine. Do I want to bring all of that life, good and bad, into the house? By October that soil can definitely be considered living. Just chop the tomato plants and cover crop and plant in those? Who wants to help carry them up the steps? OR, start off fresh? Something to think about and there's plenty of time.
p.s. - Fathers Day hook up from Multiverse - Gnome, Mephisto and Night Owl. Also some Freebies from Atlas and Gnome. So cool, but I have to wait until fall at least. Or just start a " hard to get" bean collection.

Update. Looking good. About a week to go. :pass:
20230716_082004.jpg

Ace of Spades by Gnome Automatics. Thank you for your help AFN!!! :worship:

Back