Too many sections no "general"

SmokeMoreMeph

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and really enjoying it but I'd like to give a little feedback.

#1. I think a "General Growing" forum would be really nice sometimes there's question's that just don't fit well into a specific forum.

#2. Seems like there's way too many forums.

Just my opinion but anyone else feel this way?

There’s something here for everyone I believe. I just pick n choose what’s relevant for me at the time. No better place for auto growing. Trust me lol.

I'm new to this forum and really enjoying it but I'd like to give a little feedback.

#1. I think a "General Growing" forum would be really nice sometimes there's question's that just don't fit well into a specific forum.

#2. Seems like there's way too many forums.

Just my opinion but anyone else feel this way?
Splitting it up helps separate things better, and make it easier for others to find you and follow along... A General grow section would be an absolute avalanche of mixed grows, people, etc.,... A grow could get buried and easily become a monologue to yourself because the page turn-over would be crazy! :help: If peep's have to hunt for you, they are more likely to just bail and move on, seen this time and again.... Some like the Follow feature, but many don't because of the constant Alerts hounding them. A lot of Alerts will also bury thread notifications as well, lost in the scrum all over again!
It's pretty straight forward now; the first fork in the road is: either you're indoors or not; outdoors or not, new grower or not....from there: Hydro, Organic, Micro are specialties of sorts, many folks like to have these separate for this reason, plus the thread numbers are always low in them...
Anything goes in Indoor and New Growers... Indoor is a huge section as is, by far the largest! Adding more into that alone would be a mess....

Splitting it up helps separate things better, and make it easier for others to find you and follow along... A General grow section would be an absolute avalanche of mixed grows, people, etc.,... A grow could get buried and easily become a monologue to yourself because the page turn-over would be crazy! :help: If peep's have to hunt for you, they are more likely to just bail and move on, seen this time and again.... Some like the Follow feature, but many don't because of the constant Alerts hounding them. A lot of Alerts will also bury thread notifications as well, lost in the scrum all over again!
It's pretty straight forward now; the first fork in the road is: either you're indoors or not; outdoors or not, new grower or not....from there: Hydro, Organic, Micro are specialties of sorts, many folks like to have these separate for this reason, plus the thread numbers are always low in them...
Anything goes in Indoor and New Growers... Indoor is a huge section as is, by far the largest! Adding more into that alone would be a mess....

Well maybe it's just me, I don't see anyone else complaining.

I used to be a big forum guy and maybe I've just gotten lazy I just love a system like Facebook where you just scroll through.

Still a really cool forum and you do see a higher level of general knowledge here than you do on social media groups.

Well maybe it's just me, I don't see anyone else complaining.

I used to be a big forum guy and maybe I've just gotten lazy I just love a system like Facebook where you just scroll through.

Still a really cool forum and you do see a higher level of general knowledge here than you do on social media groups.
It's not just you. I get lost trying to find the right place to post or to find certain sub-forums.

I prefer it broken up the way it is, or at least something like it. I have eventually (grey hair and all that) learned where to find stuff, and doing that is easier when contents are broken down into reasonably functional categories.

My main issue with the current setup is that the newer grow journal format generates maybe a third or less of the traffic that the older grow thread generates. Peeps just do not seem to like the extra step involved in getting there, or maybe the separation of content and comments. On one hand, I think the new format is a big advantage by keeping the original content separate, so it functions better as a grow record. OTOH if lots of people can't be bothered to look at it due to the extra hassle, I am left uncertain what to do with the next grow. To be honest, unless something about the formats change, I am more likely than not to do both - abbreviated in the older thread style, and with more detailed grow record in the new journal format.

Whatever, I know that site design, setup, and maintenance is a huge job, so I want to extend a huge thanks to the people who keep this thing functioning. :thanks: :pighug:

As the viewer, not the author, I like the old style grow journal format when people use them vs the blog. That being said this site has more info than you find on 6 other forums. Nicer people too!

Back