Transplanting Auto Alternative

Amnesica

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem.
I will try some auto, with a 150w hps, but...where the tent is located is very cold and no option of having heating at the moment. The hps will be the heating.
I don't know how to germinate and seedling the plants directly in their final.pot without turning the HPS on since day 1.
Let's say that i could consider to germinate and seedling and 1st week of vegetative more inside ( my room for example), but I won't be able to keep the final size pot, due to dimensions.

So....I was thinking if I can plant for the first 2 weeks ( fabric pot 5l) and later on insert the fabric pot into another and allow the roots to grow in the final 20l pot.
Would this still produce lot of stress for the plant?
Is there a way to transplant without lot of stress?
Alternatively i could turn the hps on since day 1 and orient the light a bit away from the plants....or very height (1.7m)....but would be lot of watt useless.

Any advise much appreciated
Thanks
A

Screenshot_20231118-165815.png

Direct planting in final home is my preferred method but do transplant cause of space issue. I don't have any issue i use solo cups I actually just made some today for the next round. I take 2 cups cut the bottom off and slice up 2 sides leaving the rim intact. Then I take the other cup and poke holes in the bottom and then put the other cup in that cup.

Also I great white myco at transplant but any myco will do

IMG_7385.jpeg
IMG_7386.jpeg

img_6392-jpg.1512724

Sorry to back on this topic,but what about no-woven nursery bags? They are even more cheap that plastic cups ( which after I gave to though say) and I could just place on the new pot when roots grow out.

Sorry to back on this topic,but what about no-woven nursery bags? They are even more cheap that plastic cups ( which after I gave to though say) and I could just place on the new pot when roots grow out.

Ive seen non woven bags used and work pretty well, im pretty sure this is how autopotamus does his transplanting

Direct planting in final home is my preferred method but do transplant cause of space issue. I don't have any issue i use solo cups I actually just made some today for the next round. I take 2 cups cut the bottom off and slice up 2 sides leaving the rim intact. Then I take the other cup and poke holes in the bottom and then put the other cup in that cup.

Also I great white myco at transplant but any myco will do

View attachment 1647023View attachment 1647024

img_6392-jpg.1512724

Great method! Deff stealing this :bow::thanks::smokeit:

Solo cups like above are a great option but you can also get nursery bags that will allow roots to grow through them. Start in the bag and just pop the entire thing into the final home. Solo cups are cheaper though. Nursery bags are a fabric mesh. For some reason the link isnt working but look up nursery grow bags on google or amazon. Youll find them right away

Back