Two Issues on Leaves - Not a Bug or Critter

ExNavyInSTL

Old Sailor with a new hobby!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
My own shit, thanks to places like this!
I can't swear it's not a microscopic bug, but I have had the leaves under 90x magnification didn't see anything living.

So, for the sake of this thread, let's assume this damage in not from a bug, but something else.

The spots, like like the beginning of a Ca/Mg issue, but are the holes the end result of that issue, or are the holes some other issue?

I tried to get you as close as I could with my pics. These are leaves from two plants: Critical Purple & Gorilla Glue.

They live in indoors in excellent VPD conditions and they are under lights at the proper DLI.

They are both fed Jack's 3-2-1 at full strength, and supplemented with Cali-Magic in their 5-gallon pots of Coco/Perlite/Vermiculite.

They rest their bottoms in AutoPots, and get air pumped to their roots.

I am guilty of foliar spraying in the light, but close to before lights go out. So, I can't rule out light damage for the holes.

Tell me what you think?

_MG_9932_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9933_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9934_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9935_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9936_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9940_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9942_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9948_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9949_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9951_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9953_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9955_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9956_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9963_Nik_openWith.jpeg
_MG_9964_Nik_openWith.jpeg

Deffinatly looks like something been munching on them.

Thanks!

I saw pictures online that would agree with you. However, I will need to flip some more leaves to look for a critter.

I keep Capt Jacks BT in the house. The Gorilla Glue is too far into flower, but I can treat the Critical Purple. Headed up to the tent now for further inspection.

I forgot to post this.

I just spent an hour looking at leaves. There are no catepillers (adult) visible, but I don't know how small the larvae can be.

This totally looks like caterpillars to me from the damage. BT asap

Reactions: JP1
Thanks!

I saw pictures online that would agree with you. However, I will need to flip some more leaves to look for a critter.

I keep Capt Jacks BT in the house. The Gorilla Glue is too far into flower, but I can treat the Critical Purple. Headed up to the tent now for further inspection.

I forgot to post this.

I just spent an hour looking at leaves. There are no catepillers (adult) visible, but I don't know how small the larvae can be.
Unfortunately with caterpillars, they'll hang out in the buds... Never see them until after the damage to the leaves. But they will cause but rot so keep an eye out on your bigger buds and ones close to the stalk

Back