Photoperiod Ventilation and room design...need advice.

saneiegocali92

Colorado Medley
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am in need of some advice of setting up our new veg and flower room ventilation and room design setup. I am using a 8x4 tent and a 10x10 tent. Either can be used as veg or flower doesn't matter. What I need help with is figuring out what venting setup will cool 4x 600 watt hps and a MH veg light. The 4x 600 will be flower tent and the single 600 MH will be veg. I have 2x 6 inch fans, a 6 inch scrubber, a single 4 inch fan with scrubber. Will purchase more inline fans if needed for design to work effectively. I need to keep temps below 81 in flower and humidity below 55%. I have a single exhaust point in my basement. And can intake the cool air from basement into either tents. The main issue we have been having is keeping the temps down below 90 degrees during flowering. And you all know how bad that can be for resin production and airy buds.

Any advice will be appreciated and helpful. Lmk if y'all think I need more equipment for proper flow and efficiency.

Happy smoking!

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Cooltubes with either a separate intake or put the scrubber before the cool tubes.

Its one sure way to drop the temps of any setup, but if running it on a separate intake the amount of air you will need for the tent and for the lights will be alot less.

If not your gonna have to be moving quite a bit of air to keep it cool, and then it will typically out sun your scrubbers, if there too small.

Did you ever get the setup you wanted? Mr.Sparkle has a good point, air cooled hoods for sure..but I have a couple of questions, do you really have to have the tent? I ditched my tent for flowering and use one for veg... just asking and tossing it out there to think about. Temps and humidity in a tent are harder to control then an open area. I also like to run open hoods for flower to get better UV exposure to the plants..

Did you ever get the setup you wanted? Mr.Sparkle has a good point, air cooled hoods for sure..but I have a couple of questions, do you really have to have the tent? I ditched my tent for flowering and use one for veg... just asking and tossing it out there to think about. Temps and humidity in a tent are harder to control then an open area. I also like to run open hoods for flower to get better UV exposure to the plants..
Right now they are on single line for intake and cooling. Added a second 440 cfm at end of line. So it's scrubber>fan>air-cooled hood>aircooledhood>aircoledhood>aircooledhood>fan

The tent helps with noise

Right now they are on single line for intake and cooling. Added a second 440 cfm at end of line. So it's scrubber>fan>air-cooled hood>aircooledhood>aircoledhood>aircooledhood>fan

The tent helps with noise

Did the additional fan help?

Yeah that seemed to have helped. Once we get our wiring fixed. I will most likely be trying the method you suggested. One line for cooling and one for filter.

Another question that i forgot to ask, that popped into my head looking at another thread, is to ask where is your scrubber mounted, is it right at the top of the tent parallel to the roof, cause if it isn't, its probably creating a hot pocket of air, also remember to always have at least twice the size intake if its passive as your exhaust, you probably already know that but doesn't hurt to say it.

Another question that i forgot to ask, that popped into my head looking at another thread, is to ask where is your scrubber mounted, is it right at the top of the tent parallel to the roof, cause if it isn't, its probably creating a hot pocket of air, also remember to always have at least twice the size intake if its passive as your exhaust, you probably already know that but doesn't hurt to say it.
Right now the filter is in the back left point of the 10x10 tent. And I do not have twice the amount of intake. Think that could be my issue? Both of those things or one of them?

Can you split your set up. Like run two tubes per 6" fan. Just for cooling. Exhaust that outdoors and scrub basement air separately?

Can you split your set up. Like run two tubes per 6" fan. Just for cooling. Exhaust that outdoors and scrub basement air separately?
I can, think that would get me decent temps? Outside temp is 73

Back