Watering or lack of nutrients

Reaction score
I have a little test grow going right now ( trying to get my method right before getting something better on the go) there's nothing special about it, it's a coco base with root enhancers in it (not sounding very technical here but it's a off the cuff post so bare with me lol), from germination to potting it shot up like a WEED!! then as its grown in size and added more branches it's slowed down dramatically, then I started to see a slight yellowing (on the tips) and a curling up towards the lights on newer branches so I lowered the plant and held the feed back thinking it was a burn, 2 days pass and the yellowing hasn't got worse but the curl up have turned into a droop on the newer branches, after thinking I solved it I seem like I'm wrong water and Tom feed is what it's getting should I drop the Tom feed and just give it water or is it not getting enough and I need to add something else, I will grab a picture when I pop back in later. Thanks in advance I think lol not sure if I'm clear

OK so as promised a few pics of what I'm on about, in the top pics u can see the slight yellowing on the edges of the leaves and in the lower branches you can see the drooping I mentioned

Attachments

• 20210814_202719.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
  • 20210814_202710.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 20210814_202614.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210814_202754.jpg
    8.3 MB · Views: 25
  • 20210814_202825.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 29
@Snurge09:welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:

We cannot tell anything about the health of that plant in burple light! You need to turn off the grow lights and use flash or 5000K Daylight bulbs Just upload your pictures right into the post.
2021-08-14_13-07-00.jpg

Coco is hydro and you really have a bit to learn about it. A good site dedicated to coco is https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/

Mixing soil into coco does not work well. Mixing a little bit of coco into soil for drainage does but I don't think that is what you are doing?

I just noticed those picture files are really large. Turn down the resolution on your camera even 460x600 is good enough.

@Snurge09:welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:

We cannot tell anything about the health of that plant in burple light! You need to turn off the grow lights and use flash or 5000K Daylight bulbs Just upload your pictures right into the post.
View attachment 1355330

Coco is hydro and you really have a bit to learn about it. A good site dedicated to coco is https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/

Mixing soil into coco does not work well. Mixing a little bit of coco into soil for drainage does but I don't think that is what you are doing?

Righto firstly thanks for the welcome! Much appreciated, I look forward to learning lots of new stuff whilst here

Secondly on the coco prep for growing, just watched the video on the link above I pretty much prepared in a similar way but I didn't strain the smaller coco out to start with (if that's all the crucial) and didn't use perlite as they did, (just read up on this and getting some lol).

So before finding here I used a reddit group to read up on how to setup with coco, prepared the same way but with "fast" acting root nutes mixed into the coco and then feed with tomato plant feed every 3-5 days or when it fails the finger test.

It started really strong (so I must have got something right ) and then just started to slow in growth the past week or so and it went from one to the other curled up to drooping down sadly ! I didn't come in totally blind but a total novice and after a week of thinking I was winning the fight I think I need help haha but that's why I am here be as brutal as needs be.

Would repotting it be feasible or to risky?
I will get some better pics and update when the light pops off in a hour

@Snurge09 welcome to AFN. Good to meet you.
Cheers
EP3

looks like a phosphorus deficiency! :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: :smoking:

Back