New Grower Week 2 Veg Begins!

Gazeye

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The last of my stash...
This thread is for the general discussion of the blog entry Week 2 Veg Begins!. Please add to the discussion here.

So remember that lone CDLC in the tent? Well that lone seed didn't germinate so after 8 days I planted another CDLC seed beside it in the same pot. About 4 days later it sprouted. Now here we are, 19 days after initially planting a CDLC seed......

UnderDome.jpgCloseSide.jpgCloseTop.jpg

This little bugger has her first tiny set of leaves out and will be about 2 weeks behind her older sisters in the tent. Gave her about 150-200ml of water last night. Light is about 24" above, still at 30% intensity.

Now, for the other 3. They received their first top dressing with 4 tbsp of Worm Castings per gal, 1tbsp of 4-4-4 and 2 tbsp of 2-8-4 (total). I was going to wait until week 3 of veg to do this originally but, since I mixed their medium lighter than I wanted to at germination, I decided to add the amendments one week early. This was coupled with a watering.

Will update more around end of this weeks veg period. Happy May 2-4! :cheers:

tarting week 3 today. Plants are looking alright I think. Of course I have two that I believe I under-watered a week and a bit ago that are shorter and showing slower growth than #2. I also think that maybe they are getting too much light (at 30% for 2 weeks now). Some of the leaf edges are starting to, very slightly, curve up. Not sure if a slight curve is normal but I will continue to observe and look into the subject. Will change things around if I need to.
AllD15.jpg
DG1D15.jpg
DG2D15.jpg
DG3D15.jpg

And here's a couple pictures of the curling that I'm talking about. Any input on the reason why/solution to this curling (or the grow in general) would be appreciated.
Day15UpCurl.jpg
Day15UpCurlTop.jpg

Day 20:

Good progress with the larger Double Grape. Both her and the her slightly smaller sister have taken well to the training. Barely done any defoliating and have definitely not touched the smaller of the three. Here's a pic of them all with a closeup of Double Grape #3.
All3Day20wLST.jpg

Compost tea was also given to the larger plant yesterday. I brewed up a small batch (only enough to water the one) of ---> this compost tea kit<---.

Also, here's a quick pic update of the CDLC I have in the tent at Day 9 from sprout.
Day9Side.jpg

Day9Top.jpg

Attachments

• DG3Day20LST.jpg
    DG3Day20LST.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 5
Back