Well water - high in iron - can I use it or treat it?

Tmik

New User
Reaction score
i have to hand carry 5 gallon jugs up a flight of stairs for my grow. There is no running water or drain. I can use well water via garden hose.
I have been purchasing 5gallon water jugs (RO with some minerals added) from the grocery store but it just sucks to do that every 10 days.

My well water is ph at 7.2 which I can ph down. Ppm measures at 220 (I am just starting to learn ppm) and is high in iron and likely other minerals.

I’m at 10 weeks with my first batch and decided to switch to well water since they are off nutes anyway (soil grow).

What should I look for and/or do to my well water, if anything?

the pic show myremaining crop at 10.5 weeks. I am leaving these go as long as I can stand it to learn bud growth limits and watch trikes. Lots to learn;

center plant is Jack herer 5.5 weeks old I just moved in from a smaller tent after freeing some room in this one. Front right and back center are Bruce Banner (Ilgm). A couple look Sativa and a couple look Indica.
Back left a gorilla glue (Ilgm) and middle right is a blueberry (Ilgm) that should have been done week 8 but looks more like week 14 or 15.
8A80ED4E-D853-44B1-BD4A-70078966A915.jpeg

thanks for your advice.

i have to hand carry 5 gallon jugs up a flight of stairs for my grow. There is no running water or drain. I can use well water via garden hose.
I have been purchasing 5gallon water jugs (RO with some minerals added) from the grocery store but it just sucks to do that every 10 days.

My well water is ph at 7.2 which I can ph down. Ppm measures at 220 (I am just starting to learn ppm) and is high in iron and likely other minerals.

I’m at 10 weeks with my first batch and decided to switch to well water since they are off nutes anyway (soil grow).

What should I look for and/or do to my well water, if anything?

the pic show myremaining crop at 10.5 weeks. I am leaving these go as long as I can stand it to learn bud growth limits and watch trikes. Lots to learn;

center plant is Jack herer 5.5 weeks old I just moved in from a smaller tent after freeing some room in this one. Front right and back center are Bruce Banner (Ilgm). A couple look Sativa and a couple look Indica.
Back left a gorilla glue (Ilgm) and middle right is a blueberry (Ilgm) that should have been done week 8 but looks more like week 14 or 15.
View attachment 1477880
thanks for your advice.
My well water has high iron, calcium and magnesium. PH is 7.4 so i ph down to 6.5 and roll with it. So far so good. What is your medium? I use organic soil.

You could use a Brita or Zero filter to greatly help out with your well waters ec.

You could grow out a single strain next run, and use straight well water on one to see if there are any adverse effects.....my well water is high calcium so I had to install RO filtration in order to use it......4 to 5 gal every other day.

Back