whats the best marijuana strain for anxiety?

cannabisgrower

New User
Reaction score
Website
www.howtogreenoutagain.com
Hey everyone, ive been battling anxiety ever since I can remember, I'm at the point of trying anything to help it. Whats the best cannabis strain I can get some relief from? I'm sick of letting worry and doubt cloud my mind. I want to be able to communicate without self esteem getting me down too. Thank you all.

I'd like to know the answer to that one as well. CBD tincture does help my daughter, but her social anxiety is so bad she's never been able to tolerate school. She's 21 years old.

:yeahthat:Everyone responds differently, even when they are new with weed. Start low, go slow. Did I mention to start low and go slow? Also be careful about taking advice about dose from stoner friends, you will need a far lower dose initially.

Plan to try multiple strains, they are often very different, but if you persist, you will find ones that help. Good luck with it. :pighug:

All I can say is indicas tend to be more sedative. Not all though.

For me, very lemony or very piney weed might make my anxiety worse. High caryophyllene and myrcene always seem to help. Most, but not all sativas seem to make things worse for me.

Because everyone responds differently, keeping a strain journal can help sort it out. Eventually you will gravitate towards certain lineages.

See if you can sample different strains before committing to grow one. It's disappointing to spend 3 months only to find it doesn't fit for you.

If you go to leafly dot com, you can look up strains based on users feedback. It could give you a good starting point.

CBD makes me very Jittery, talking THC then Indica dominant is my favourite, i do really like the Hubbabubbahaze buzz. Like any medications some are just not tolerated by the patient Causing serious side effects.
Blessings on your journey.:peace:

I used Royal Highness is a strain that has a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD. It is excellent at relieving anxiety and the belief that only heavy and strong strains can soothe and treat mental stress. With sativa-focused effects and a bright burst of energy, Royal Highness is a great way to stay active and outgoing. At the same time, the rich content of terpenes reduces anxiety and helps to cure anxiety. In combination with this, I used kava herbal tea https://bestkavabar.com/how-to-drink-kava/. As a result, I was able to remove anxiety, improve sleep, but at the same time not lose much energy and be efficient.
Who makes that one? I'm starting a Vidamints ( 20twenty Menocino) that has a 1 : 1 ratio for a friends anxiety now but always good to have other choices.

Lots of people have said it already, but as someone who has hospitalized myself because of anxiety and panic attacks (before I knew what was happening). Smoking made it worse, by far.

I was under the impression that there was a physical/medical condition causing me to feel the ways I did. Heart racing, facial numbness, light headedness, radiating pain up and down my arms were all physical manifestations of my anxiety and panic attacks. These came on suddenly when I was 18 or 19 and progressivly got worse. Smoking made it better or worse but was really a toss up. For me it was regulating my intake that made things more manageable and now that I understand my body better and how I should be responding to my anxieties has made smoking not as much of a problem.

With thar said I would opt for lighter more regulated dosing as cannabis can increase anxiety and stress. Like others have said, I would research cbd, or low thc strains. It was better for me when I was struggling with these issues.

Myrcene, Pinene, Caryophyllene and Limonene are all terpenes commonly found in cannabis, and are known to help with anti anxiety. Here's a neat little terpene chart for your reference.
Terpenes-graphic-wheel.jpg

Back