What's the best way to mix MC?

Need4Weed

Searching for that poontang pheno
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Creme da la Chem, Purple Nuggets, Grape Crinkle
So I was checking out the "How to dial-in MC autos" and I was reading though the thread and there's lots of great info on MC. I got to page 4 and realized it would take forever to read the whole thing and my arthritic fingers could never stand the strain. So here's my question. I'm still using the original MC formula after purchasing a pretty big box and I have a question about mixing it with water. I find it hard to dissolve and my solution is to put a cup of water in the microwave for 1 - 2 mins and mix with a spoon, (stirring several times), until I'm satisfied it's all broke down. I mix enough to feed for 2 - 3 days and I notice a lot of the MC settles at the bottom of the bucket. I use an air stone to keep it from getting stagnant, but there's not nearly enough power to move the solution around. So whenever I'm drawing solution to feed, I always give it a good stir first and dip it out while it's still moving around. As much as this helps, as I get toward the bottom there seems to be a lot more solids in the bottom of the bucket than there should be. My question is, should I do something to remove the solids like a strainer or some other type of filter, ... or will it hurt to just give it to the plant? Also, I realize it's not a good ideal to put the nutes in heated water, but it worked better than mixing in warm. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mix the nutes better? Thanks in advance! :peace: :pass:

So I was checking out the "How to dial-in MC autos" and I was reading though the thread and there's lots of great info on MC. I got to page 4 and realized it would take forever to read the whole thing and my arthritic fingers could never stand the strain. So here's my question. I'm still using the original MC formula after purchasing a pretty big box and I have a question about mixing it with water. I find it hard to dissolve and my solution is to put a cup of water in the microwave for 1 - 2 mins and mix with a spoon, (stirring several times), until I'm satisfied it's all broke down. I mix enough to feed for 2 - 3 days and I notice a lot of the MC settles at the bottom of the bucket. I use an air stone to keep it from getting stagnant, but there's not nearly enough power to move the solution around. So whenever I'm drawing solution to feed, I always give it a good stir first and dip it out while it's still moving around. As much as this helps, as I get toward the bottom there seems to be a lot more solids in the bottom of the bucket than there should be. My question is, should I do something to remove the solids like a strainer or some other type of filter, ... or will it hurt to just give it to the plant? Also, I realize it's not a good ideal to put the nutes in heated water, but it worked better than mixing in warm. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to mix the nutes better? Thanks in advance! :peace: :pass:
Have you tried mixing your nutrients with a submersible pump? Can let it run for 30mins to mix nutes, should break down all the MC. You can mix in a plastic tote, or something.

I use a bowl, MC, a tiny bit of water and the back of a spoon to crush with. But there are still undisolved solids.......so I quit worrying so much about it., lol.

Have you tried mixing your nutrients with a submersible pump? Can let it run for 30mins to mix nutes, should break down all the MC. You can mix in a plastic tote, or something.
Actually, I didn't worry much about this before my current run, because by the time I turned on the autopots I was about ready to switch to flower nutes and I have some of the GL Part 1 or 2, (not sure at the moment, but it's a bloom nute), that I use during flower. I do have a submersible pump I was using in the autopot res, but I'm mixing 2x 5 gallon buckets at a time because I had a hiccup at the begging and only my CDLC is getting flower nutes. I'm still feeding 3 grams of MC per ga. on my other girls. My CDLC is on 4 grams of MC + 1 gram of BE. Update: I currently have the pump from my autopot res in one of my mixing buckets. I've decided to rotate the pump between the 2 and make sure it's in the bucket I'm drawing nutes from whenever I feed. Thanks for the ideal @YoungGrassh0pper :d5: :peace: :pass:

I use a bowl, MC, a tiny bit of water and the back of a spoon to crush with. But there are still undisolved solids.......so I quit worrying so much about it., lol.
When I'm stirring the nutes in a large coffee cup, I let it swirl till it stops and any solids will settle in the middle of the cup. I try to give them a good smashing with a spoon before and after the stir several times before adding to the bucket. In the past I hadn't worried about it, but my yields have been down my last 2 grows using autopots and I wanted to do a run with 5 gallon fabric pots to build up my stash. To be honest it's a lot of work for my old ass and I'll be going back to autopots after this run. Before autopots, I've always grown in 3 gallon fabric pots in coco and 6 - 8 zips was pretty common before I made the switch. Sorry for the long winded post and thanks for your input! :d5: :peace: :pass:
Hello i make MC up in a jug with some warm water helps it dissolve easyer then add to the rest of the water and give a good shake job done
I can see how more water would allow for better diffusion, but I'm an old fart with arthritis all through my body and it can get really bad in my hands and fingers. (I bought a bowl trimmer cause trimming was killing me, now I only trim top shelf buds with help from a friend). So shaking wouldn't be an option for me. I can barely carry 2 gallon of water at a time, so I have to make extra trips to my water supply. It really sucks getting old!!! :hump: :peace: :pass:

Actually, I didn't worry much about this before my current run, because by the time I turned on the autopots I was about ready to switch to flower nutes and I have some of the GL Part 1 or 2, (not sure at the moment, but it's a bloom nute), that I use during flower. I do have a submersible pump I was using in the autopot res, but I'm mixing 2x 5 gallon buckets at a time because I had a hiccup at the begging and only my CDLC is getting flower nutes. I'm still feeding 3 grams of MC per ga. on my other girls. My CDLC is on 4 grams of MC + 1 gram of BE. Update: I currently have the pump from my autopot res in one of my mixing buckets. I've decided to rotate the pump between the 2 and make sure it's in the bucket I'm drawing nutes from whenever I feed. Thanks for the ideal @YoungGrassh0pper :d5: :peace: :pass:

When I'm stirring the nutes in a large coffee cup, I let it swirl till it stops and any solids will settle in the middle of the cup. I try to give them a good smashing with a spoon before and after the stir several times before adding to the bucket. In the past I hadn't worried about it, but my yields have been down my last 2 grows using autopots and I wanted to do a run with 5 gallon fabric pots to build up my stash. To be honest it's a lot of work for my old ass and I'll be going back to autopots after this run. Before autopots, I've always grown in 3 gallon fabric pots in coco and 6 - 8 zips was pretty common before I made the switch. Sorry for the long winded post and thanks for your input! :d5: :peace: :pass:
I can see how more water would allow for better diffusion, but I'm an old fart with arthritis all through my body and it can get really bad in my hands and fingers. (I bought a bowl trimmer cause trimming was killing me, now I only trim top shelf buds with help from a friend). So shaking wouldn't be an option for me. I can barely carry 2 gallon of water at a time, so I have to make extra trips to my water supply. It really sucks getting old!!! :hump: :peace: :pass:
Hello this is how i do MC i make a super soultion say i want 5 gallon i weigh it out for 5 gallon then mix it into 5ltr warm water then into 5 ltr bottle then as i say need a gallon just pour some of the super sloution in and dilute to the ppm you want save lugging heavy stuff about. :smoking:

I used to grind a bunch in a coffee grinder, then put it in a sealed mason jar. That way I didn't have to worry so much about it dissolving, or "did I get to many white balls in that gram"?
:crying:

I use Autopots and have not had any issues with MegaCrop 1 part and mixing. Here's what I do...

To a Five gallon bucket of RO water I add the MegaCrop and stir till dissolved. I weigh out the MegaCrop now, from reading here and on Greenleaf site weighing is the way!!!!!

Then I check PH and adjust as needed.

I have only used for a couple of rounds but have not had any issues with not dissolving or coming out of solution.

I remember reading something hear I think from a person was getting lots of settling in the res. Hmmm.....seems like issue was something to do with other stuff he was adding causing things to come put of solution? I think?

Man.... I can't quite remember the full story... too much smoke!!!

Back