White powder mildew

PeaceLove&Buds

It’s never too late to be what you might’ve been
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Homegrown!
Do I need to immediately remove plants with powdered mildew from the tent? Can I safely assume the infected buds should just be thrown away? Or has anyone here had it and tried a bud washing and lived to tell about it?

Do I need to immediately remove plants with powdered mildew from the tent? Can I safely assume the infected buds should just be thrown away? Or has anyone here had it and tried a bud washing and lived to tell about it?

I've bud washed and smoked it but it isn't my preference. What you can do is cut off the infected areas, spray a product like CEASE on the other plants and figure out what caused the PM.

Large environmental swings of temperature and humidity can do it really easily or a lack of air circulation can be devastating..

Do you have pics?

It’s my fault it happened, I didn’t notice the fans went unplugged for almost 3 days. I trimmed most of the infected areas which was all fans and a few buds, here’s a couple pics where I missed.
0887DCB5-7F42-4893-81E7-180028CC6733.jpeg
950390C6-51BC-4FA1-A13C-5607071A318A.jpeg
E208A7FC-C005-40A5-8FDB-BA4F1905A3FE.jpeg
6247A683-B821-4E62-8DCE-653CE0E14B94.jpeg

That’s too far along IMO, I just had PM hit a plant in my greenhouse and I caught it at first signs and was aggressive in trimming and drying and not touching affected areas while doing it all. Seem to have gotten away with it but I’ll be smoking it quick and expect atleast a bud or two to be harsh from unseen spores.

That’s too far along IMO, I just had PM hit a plant in my greenhouse and I caught it at first signs and was aggressive in trimming and drying and not touching affected areas while doing it all. Seem to have gotten away with it but I’ll be smoking it quick and expect atleast a bud or two to be harsh from unseen spores.
Yeah the infected areas are going in the trash with the other buds that looked like that.

It’s my fault it happened, I didn’t notice the fans went unplugged for almost 3 days. I trimmed most of the infected areas which was all fans and a few buds, here’s a couple pics where I missed. View attachment 1499641View attachment 1499642View attachment 1499643View attachment 1499644

Once you can see it, it is usually already in the bud. I do agree that is pretty far along.

What is your temperature and humidity like? Do you track it throughout the day?

When I had the issue I did a bud wash then a water cure for 5 days in RO water, switching the water everyday. It was a very clean and smooth smoke with no taste or aroma that got me high. Ideally I wouldn't do it again but I did not have any coughing issues or allergic reactions. When I've accidentally consumed moldy weed before it gives me gives within minutes but that never happened with the water cure

What you see is only a microcosm of the spores that affect the plant

why do you have mildew issues I have never ran into issues like that , sounds like you have way too much moisture
Well to be fair, its hard to have moisture with only like 10 leaves in the whole tent.

Back