Jean-O's WMD in RDWC

I've got good bud set and nice little stacks forming on the plants at either end, but the ones in the middle, both the WMD and the BD, keep on growing. Got nice little flower starts formed but seem to be about a week behind the others. Wondering if I should maybe cut back to 18 hrs again? Been back on 24 since they started flowering. Figured what the hell but maybe it's holding these two back?

I've got good bud set and nice little stacks forming on the plants at either end, but the ones in the middle, both the WMD and the BD, keep on growing. Got nice little flower starts formed but seem to be about a week behind the others. Wondering if I should maybe cut back to 18 hrs again? Been back on 24 since they started flowering. Figured what the hell but maybe it's holding these two back?
I have always run 18/19 hrs of light with the auto's. I have seen a few people run under the 24 hours of light and they seemed to have the same thing going on where the plants took longer to flower not sure why just the middle 2 would be showing maybe light intensity? Anyone who has had plants that have shown nanners (Blue Dog and RBF) were under 24 hours of light also and some kind of light stress. Plants arn't much different than people really they like a bit of rest also LOL but in reality it is more beneficial and healthy for the plants to get some dark time IMO.
The Blue Dog has a fair amount of ChemDawg lineage in it and chemdawg gets very hermi prone the more it gets bread into an IBL just a crappy trait it has but its such fire weed is why its been kept around for the years.
The WMD was crossed from my Whats My Name and it has had pheno's that have run around 125 days from seed however also so the WMD that is taking its time could just be a phenotypical expression leaning towards the WMN in its lineage dragging its feet.

I have always run 18/19 hrs of light with the auto's. I have seen a few people run under the 24 hours of light and they seemed to have the same thing going on where the plants took longer to flower not sure why just the middle 2 would be showing maybe light intensity? Anyone who has had plants that have shown nanners (Blue Dog and RBF) were under 24 hours of light also and some kind of light stress. Plants arn't much different than people really they like a bit of rest also LOL but in reality it is more beneficial and healthy for the plants to get some dark time IMO.
The Blue Dog has a fair amount of ChemDawg lineage in it and chemdawg gets very hermi prone the more it gets bread into an IBL just a crappy trait it has but its such fire weed is why its been kept around for the years.
The WMD was crossed from my Whats My Name and it has had pheno's that have run around 125 days from seed however also so the WMD that is taking its time could just be a phenotypical expression leaning towards the WMN in its lineage dragging its feet.

And this is why I like these forums - can't get firsthand breeder info anywhere else. Gracias!

I'll go back to the few hours of dark every night.

Things are really drinking. Been hot! Looses about half the water, 40g, between changes each week. Conductivity remains fairly steady, only goes up about 100ppm by the end of the week. The GH FloraNova series is really really PH stable. The Armor-Si silica throws things off a little at first and usually it takes about 12 hrs to get it where I want it. But once it's there, it's there.

Have a potential side project that may afford me the ability to build out this room, finally. Need about $1700. Insulation, framing, sheet metal walls & ceiling, and a mini-split. Need to future proof the ceiling for two NextLight LED panels as well. That'll be another $1600. Again - really hoping for a heavy harvest!

Winter is going to be a bit of a challenge in getting water out here as well. Need to do some yard drainage work this summer for which I'll be renting a trencher. Might find myself running a water line to the garage while I've got that here. That'll likely require some heat tape so I don't have to bury it 40+ inches. Got a vision...

Last edited:
They stand as tall as I do now, budset really kicked in after cutting out 5 hrs of light a day.

Had a flea beetle in the garden. Cap't Jacks his ass last night. Not much damage, glad I caught that little prick early.

Things are just massive. If they had the space, they'd grow into 5' round shrubs. Definitely creeping into the blue dreams which are right on pace with the WMD. You'd think they were all the same seeds, tbh. Kinda creepy!

Post some pics later tonight.

Going to lighten up the nutrients this week. Little clawing but I think that was mostly wind stress. Moved the fan up and added a little mini fan under the canopy. Bud sites everywhere. Going to be a happy camper I'm thinking. Just need to get more of this green rubber wire and start tying more up. Going to make a stackable trellis on the next run though that may complicate harvests.

Some variation in the WMD - one of the three has shorter internodal spacing and it's branch buds are staying tight to the stem whereas the other two stem upward and away from the main branches.

One of the blue dreams is a bit quicker than the other two - plant furthest to the right. Everyone is starting to get a little dusting of trichs around the flowers. Got a while to go but looking like it will be worth the time spent.
20220728_120508.jpg
20220728_120615.jpg
20220728_120626.jpg
20220728_120635.jpg
20220728_120709.jpg
20220728_120733.jpg
20220728_120834.jpg
20220728_120849.jpg
20220728_120859.jpg
20220728_120905.jpg

Attachments

• 20220728_120630.jpg
    20220728_120630.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Doubled down on the o2, almost. This pump could probably run 5 of these big ass discs. Buddy was changing his ways and had a bunch of pumps and discs. $75 for a newish pump and 13 discs. Still have a pile of 4" that'll be used in the next grow.
20220728_214829.jpg
20220728_212744.jpg

That looks too violent to me?
Just in the control tub, no plants in with those. Just adding o2 to the water. The more the merrier. If I were to use these in plant tubs they'd do well under a large root mass but would probably a little too much for developing roots.

Well guys, my adventure into autos hit it's learning curve. I'm not sure if I should just start over or keep em going. Should have stuck to a 18hr light cycle but I honestly wasn't expecting these things to turn into fucking monsters. Thinking I fucked myself without any lube.

Looking at the buds it's like they're stuck between flower and veg. Backed the nutes down to half strength as they've started to claw a bit. Only plant in here that seems to really be on schedule is the smallest of the blue dreams.

Day 68

20220730_182259.jpg
20220730_182253.jpg
20220730_182230.jpg
20220730_182157.jpg
20220730_182223.jpg
20220730_182059.jpg
20220730_182111.jpg
20220730_003148.jpg

Are the Blue Dream reacting the same as the WMD? I would probably back down the nitrogen at least should help with the clawing possibly light intensity not sure where you are at there? Are you concerned about the flowering? The pics look like they are moving forward. I wouldn't give up on them for sure.... Maybe a scrog net and lower them if they are getting too tall. They could possibly just be longer running pheno's all but the smaller faster blue dream.