Photoperiod WVR's Photo Grow

Rebel

AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey Buds!

I'm on my 3rd grow of Autos and tried some bag seed photos a few years back and I really don't remember all the details of growing photos... These are my questions...

1) I plan on starting/vegging them with my autos under a 400W HPS under 20/4 light regimen. Do I wait for the 4th set of nodes and then put them to 12/12?

2) When do you start feeding photos?

3) How long does it typically take to finish a photo from start to finish? How many months/weeks or whatever...?

I have accumulated some interesting strains in the last few years and I'd love to try them. Some I got free from orders and some I got lucky and found some in my "sinsemilla"... Here's what I got...

2 Fem Burmese Kush
2 Reg Big Bud #1
4 Reg of this Mystery Kush which was the best shit I've ever smoked.
More than 10 Reg Bubblegum
13 Reg Lemon Skunk
10 Reg Thai Skunk x Haze
10 Colombian Red Haze
More than 10 Orange Krush (an old favorite!! The Frostiest Bud I've ever SEEN!!)

I would like to start with the Fem Burmese Kush and some Orange Krush. Any advice would be great buds. I REALLY appreciate all your help!

Man that's a fine selection of beans you have to choose from WVR,so much choice :booya: I'd love to see you grow the Burmese as I also have some of those in the fridge,I'm subbed in to this bro and along for the ride :bong:

Hey Coop! Thanks bro! My space is a bit tight at the moment so I have to wait for some space to free up yet or until I get my two T5's I plan on buying as soon as I can for side lighting. Definitely doing the Burmese Kush Fem and some Orange Krush. I don't know if we're going to do a third or wait. I'm going to have to pull them out and seal them in a dark area for the 12/12 period because I only have one grow space at the moment. I don't want to get too crazy with grow spots all over the house. LOL But I do have a place I can seal them up for their 12 hr a day dark period so no light gets to them. I also have green light bulbs from my last photo grow in case I have to have light on around them. I shouldn't but I'm prepared if I have to! Well, I think I can squeeze 2-4 plants in right now lol 2 are guaranteed fems so how can I go wrong?? LOL Cheers mate! :smokebuds:

Sounds like a good plan bro,and it should be a nice harvest for you just in time for Christmas :toke: gotta stock up for the holidays :buds:

Hell yeah!! :buds:

Of all the strains you listed the only one I've grown is the Columbian Red Haze but they were grown outdoors. They are long flowering, 14 - 16 weeks. It's a real favorite around here and works wonders on the Mrs. migraines. A bit of a pain to manicure as they have a lot of bud leaves, but well worth the effort. Very potent, sativa dominant and a great producer. I would expect them to about triple in size once switched to 12/12.

Last edited:
I thought there was a hermie problem with the BUKU fems. If they were freebies I would be careful. Probaly only growing 1 at a time.

The Photo Grow is a GO!

Hey TBM! Thank you for all that information. I got the CRH from a Master Grower buddy of mine who lives up in Canada. My Dad still to this day says Colombian Red is the best shit he ever smoked in his life. I remember the Orange Krush story about the old seeds you found. I brought this strain up once before and I remember it caught your attention. I grew some out a few years back and they were fairly simple for a first timer and it's one of the wife's fav's so between that and the Kushs she's been nagging me to do a photo grow with the autos lol I'm using the same soil and nutes I am for my autos which is FF Happy Frog soil and Humboldt Nutes organic program. Grow Natural, Bloom Natural, Honey ES, & DeuceDeuce. Also, Black Strap Molasses and Humboldt Nutes Myco Madness powder.

Hey Muddy! Thanks for the reply man! I have heard nothing but raves about CR my who life so I do want to grow this strain sometime but I have heard it's better outdoors and I'm not very comfortable growing outdoors here til I get a gate put on the bottom of the driveway. Plus I live right next to a local airport where there's air national guard. And a nosey ass neighbor that likes to snoop around when we're gone. I caught her once literally trying to look in our windows. We're on top of a hill a good 1/4 mile up a driveway and she had the nerve to walk up it and snoop around our house so I don't feel comfy growing outdoors. Now I just close all my blinds when we leave just in case the bitch still comes up here. I need to set up some remote cams I can record with. Plus one other time the county sheriff was here like 4 days after we moved in looking for the guy we bought the house from... It made us very paranoid to even smoke in our own home for a while. We didn't know what to expect next! Once we settled in and started posting our property and private property signs and I had a nice chat with the bitch... Basically if I catch her again I'm pressing charges... She hasn't even walked her dogs down this way since! lol At least when she knows I'm home. People are so stupid. Everyone around here has at least 3 acres or more. I have two cattle farms along side me and behind me and this bitch on the other side is the only trouble. I'm not going to prison because of her ass!

Cave Dirt Cody! Good to see ya bro! Thanks for the heads up! Well, I already have the two germinating. They were free from Herbie's... The T.H.Seeds BuKu. I'm just going to do them both and see how it goes.

I germinated both BuKu's and 4 Orange Krush. I had 10 Orange Krush left so at least I still have 6 left! I hope they aren't too old. Pushing 4 years now. I'll see what we get! Soon as they are in the dirt I'll get pictures and updates in here!

Looks like the Photo Grow is a GO! :D :smokebuds: Thanks Buds & Cheers Mates!

Every Kush I have ever grown has kicked my ass. I would like to add OG Kush to the list of great photos of the past. I think the OG stands for ocean grown. Californians like to think they grow the best pot in the world. I think their Cindy 99 and Lake Tahoe are wicked overblown but their OG Kush sure isn't.

Well, I can say that in the 5 years I lived in Nevada I got some Master Kush, Purple Kush, Orange Krush, OG Kush, any Kush you can think of on a regular basis... That was some of the best shit I ever smoked. But I would say it was the grower. Any great grower can grow great buds anywhere... Not to knock Cali at all because what I had spoiled me for a good long time lol I got pissy when I had to go back to regs for a few years! But, I would like to try other areas of the country when it's possible. Like the Bubblegum comes from Indiana. That's some of the best shit I've ever smoked too. I'd put it in the top 5 ever list. I wouldn't mind being stranded on an island with this stuff! Can't wait to have updates for you all. I checked on the beans a few hours ago and they look like they are just starting to open up...

EDIT: May I ask the mods if they could change the title to "Please Advise!! Noob Grow!! Burmese Kush & Orange Krush" Thank you!

Back