Yield in Grams/Watt

narmohare

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been using this site for a year or so but just recently came back. I was wondering, what is considered a good yield in grams per watt, or is that measure even used anymore?

I can only find discussions that are really old or really new. On forums from 2013 discussing yield, 1 gram/ watt seems to have been considered the upper limit when using LEDS. However, I read a post from 2022 saying that the new upper limit for LEDS is between 3-4 grams/ watt. Is this accurate? My last harvest had a lot of issues but not including trim I was able to pull 1.2 grams per watt. This leads me to believe that the 2022 post was accurate and that the new upper limit is 3-4 grams per watt. Let me know what metrics you guys use to measure your yield, if any at all. I measure grams/ watt so that I can track my personal progress. Different cultivars yield differently but I grow pretty similar plants every round.

Hey guys. I have been using this site for a year or so but just recently came back. I was wondering, what is considered a good yield in grams per watt, or is that measure even used anymore?

I can only find discussions that are really old or really new. On forums from 2013 discussing yield, 1 gram/ watt seems to have been considered the upper limit when using LEDS. However, I read a post from 2022 saying that the new upper limit for LEDS is between 3-4 grams/ watt. Is this accurate? My last harvest had a lot of issues but not including trim I was able to pull 1.2 grams per watt. This leads me to believe that the 2022 post was accurate and that the new upper limit is 3-4 grams per watt. Let me know what metrics you guys use to measure your yield, if any at all. I measure grams/ watt so that I can track my personal progress. Different cultivars yield differently but I grow pretty similar plants every round.
For hid lights its about a gram per watt, for high efficiency led, you want 1.5-2g per watt. Getting over 2 grams per watt is difficult and I believe in most cases supplimental co2 needs to be used

Back