younger vegging plants are light green in color. Not enough N? Or COB lighting?

Reaction score
Not sure I can take any helpful pictures of this so will try to explain with words.

Using 4.5g/gallon of MC. 1g of calmag pro per gallon.

I have a bit of a staggered grow and two older plants just a week or so in to flower look great color wise. But in comparison the younger plants look lighter green in color.

I know once in flower MC might have too much N so that must mean maybe the flowering plants love the 4.5g of MC right now. I'll be adding Bud Explosion in the next day or so and will probably reduce the MC down to 3.5g when I do that.

I think I read with COB LED lighting the white light might make plants look lighter green than they really are. But if this is nutrient related and I need to add more N, would you just increase the MC to do that?

Not sure I can take any helpful pictures of this so will try to explain with words.

Using 4.5g/gallon of MC. 1g of calmag pro per gallon.

I have a bit of a staggered grow and two older plants just a week or so in to flower look great color wise. But in comparison the younger plants look lighter green in color.

I know once in flower MC might have too much N so that must mean maybe the flowering plants love the 4.5g of MC right now. I'll be adding Bud Explosion in the next day or so and will probably reduce the MC down to 3.5g when I do that.

I think I read with COB LED lighting the white light might make plants look lighter green than they really are. But if this is nutrient related and I need to add more N, would you just increase the MC to do that?
Might it not be just a strain or phenotype difference?

Might it not be just a strain or phenotype difference?

Here are a couple of pictures. I turned off the COB lighting. No HID lighting on. Just a halogen work light outside the tent and then the flash ON the camera phone.

You can def see the smaller plants are lighter green than the two in the other shot which are flowering. This is the best photo example of what I mean.

i should mention I have not been called upon to read my plants much. So looking at this situation is left me baffled.

20180724_213739.jpg

20180724_213723.jpg

U yes u could increase the mega but might all look the same under cobs and Megas as ur do and the last few I've ran were same way. Lights effect how my eyes actually viewed, try adding few extra of just the brown balls from the mega or kelp and this green will all turn a Kush velvet dark green, least all mine have since I did this.

Back