Eclectic Elle

Keeper Of The Jars of Joy
Reaction score
Hey folks,
Newbie here. I'm on an island in Macaronesia and just started growing here. I've done a couple of grows in my native land but for partner's health reasons we've moved out here to a rented place for the winter. Everything is really expensive to do with growing, because of shipping costs, and I don't have a lot of money to play with so I've built myself a tent out of pvc pipe and black and white sheeting. Cheapest tent here is 60EUR for a 2ft x 2ft. In my DIY tent I have a Sumo White Widow auto, a Sweet Seeds Sweet Special auto and a barely-sprouted Sweet Seeds Mix auto so I have no idea what it is :)

I'm going down the auto route because I need predictability in terms of finish time. I wanted to get one plant done by Christmas but I think it got a slow start so it won't be done in time. It, and its Special friend, were outside enjoying the sunshine but I think it was getting cooler at night than the roots appreciated (around 20C) so it's held them back. All are indoors in the tent now, running 24/0 under a home-built CFL reflector with 4x 22w and a 45w bulbs.

Good to meet everyone - there's so much to read here!

Welcome to AFN island grower. Macaronesia I can't even pronounce it nevermind know where it is lol. Autos are very resilient and fast growing. Early in their life they leave many people thinking they did something wrong. Just be patient and I think you will be very surprised. 24h light schedule is questionable. Allot do it but it seems most like to give the plants a break. Plus a little electricity savings. White widow is a top pick in my book too.

This may help you a bit in the future. Down near the bottom of the forum there is a DIY section with all types of neat inventions or less expensive DIY knock offs from talented folks. With shipping so high in Maca- that place :rofl: might come in handy. Best of luck to you!

Hi and :welcome:..If ya ever need any help or have any questions,dont hesitate to ask.every member is willing to help. If you add the @ symbol in front of a members name they will get a notification!!

Hi there i'd never actually heard of that place so i had to look it up ... stunning springs to mind!!
pt_moupicintheazo.jpg

Welcome to AFN!!:d5::slap:

@IndicaIVoz Macaronesia isn't just one or two islands, there are 4 archipelagos. They all have something unique about them, but I would expect costs of DIY stuff to be similarly high across them all and not as varied as if I was on continental Europe!

I'll get a few pics up of my grow and tent if I can work out how to do it :) Ta for all the welcomes so far guys (and any gals)!

@IndicaIVoz Macaronesia isn't just one or two islands, there are 4 archipelagos. They all have something unique about them, but I would expect costs of DIY stuff to be similarly high across them all and not as varied as if I was on continental Europe!

I'll get a few pics up of my grow and tent if I can work out how to do it :) Ta for all the welcomes so far guys (and any gals)!
Apart of the canary islands is that right?? i only read briefly amazing stuff :)

Back