looking amazing dude. Plenty bud sights on the bushy mofo's. Thanks for posting a wee update. :d5:
Iam looking at 3 to 4 ounces a plant dried the lecter will be a producer of quality nuggets IMO.

Hello fellow sawney bean growers my new beans arrived to day so straight into shot glasses they went fof 24hour soak
IMG_20220608_122805.jpg

we have slaughterd lamb,son of sawney,Lector,predator,blue son of sawney
The S.L will go in a 2 gallon pot the others will be in 2Ltr pots.
I will do a grow journal for the S.L as its a lovely girl to grow :smoking: :smoking:

Hello fellow sawney bean growers my new beans arrived to day so straight into shot glasses they went fof 24hour soak
View attachment 1469633
I will do a grow journal for the S.L as its a lovely girl to grow :smoking: :smoking:
Quick question about soaking your beans, will that prevent “helmet head?” I had one bean directly planted into soil die because it couldn’t shed half of the shell. I was unable to pull it off either, it was stuck but good. Ended up planting another bean directly into soil, first time I had one die. Guess it happens to all of us, sooner or later. What do y’all think!

Sawney, you grow loads and loads.. do you soak or just plant directly in soil?

Quick question about soaking your beans, will that prevent “helmet head?” I had one bean directly planted into soil die because it couldn’t shed half of the shell. I was unable to pull it off either, it was stuck but good. Ended up planting another bean directly into soil, first time I had one die. Guess it happens to all of us, sooner or later. What do y’all think!
Hello yes i allways soak for 24hour and never get helmit stuck on then straight into final pot :smoking:

Always plenty beans kicking about:eyebrows:.
I hope you get some decent sun for the wee thing's. :rofl:
they will lap it up. :cools:

Some nice sun today!

I moved the four pots with two Lecters each out of the greenhouse.
The third set of leaves, the five-pointers, were just starting to show.
And that's when Mr. and Mrs. Allotment Gardener will start to recognize them...

They're still in their small pots for now, as I didn't have time to transplant.
A couple will go into an open space that had big trees now cut down,
which means open space and also very few competing big weeds like comfry and nettles.
A couple will go over with the Blue Nugget in the big pot.
Maybe another couple will be near those outdoor pics but in a bit more open area.

Will try to put some chicken fert in the bottom of their transplant holes, just a little is enough.

Soaking can help, but another important trick is to plant the seed deep enough.
As it pushes itself through the soil it pushes the seed casing off.
A problem is when people do things like paper towel germination,
then plant with the actual seed-head out of the ground.
No resistance so the casing stays on and helmet head.
I tend to plant a good inch deep these days, helps a lot.

View attachment 1469633
Smashing it. cheers for the post dude .:d5:

I always soak for around 15/20 hrs. Or until they start to sprout. If you're beans float when you put them in , give it a few hours then poke them to sink them. ( this can help test of you're seeds are good or a dud.) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1469633
Guess you have the full package you lucky dog, you :pass:

If the seed casing doesn't come off, put a drop of water on it and wait. In most cases it will have fallen off, if not persuade it gently whether or not with another drop of water :thumbsup:
And if that doesn't work...Well then it's not meant to be :shrug:

Back