1st time growing Autos, some questions

Reaction score
20210818_125541.jpg

Accidentally put this in the wrong thread to begin with, moved here for more answers.

My first auto, I've done photo before. She look alright? Just started week 5 she's only around 12" tall but obviously bushed out. I was told just to let auto's go on their own and not to trim or anything, is this correct or should I be trimming suckers? I will probably have a ton of questions as I'm just getting into autos. I really appreciate any help or information. If anyone needs better pics just holler, I will be more than happy to accommodate.

Plant info:
Apricot Mango auto
dwc 3.5 gallon , ph checked daily, kept at 5.8 -6.0
fox farm nuts at about 1/3 strength, grow big, beastie bloomz and kangaroot being used currently. ppm is right around 1050 this week.

Never seen better. If I cannot help a fellow grower, I will not hinder them.

ppm is right around 1050 this week.
That's pretty high man. I never go above 600 with autos (EC 1.1 - 1.2). You may be risking a lockout. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

That's pretty high man. I never go above 600 with autos (EC 1.1 - 1.2). You may be risking a lockout. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

ok should I lower it? or let it roll? shes doing well now, but don't want something to go haywire later on. I've done research, but ppm is all over the place on the correct #'s for auto's, so I just said screw it and did the ppm like I would a photo

Never seen better. If I cannot help a fellow grower, I will not hinder them.

I genuinely appreciate that, This tree has been freaking me out. was only about 8 inches tall at week 4, start of week 5 she grew to about 12 inches but really really bushed out. My photos I would have been pruning all the suckers, but I've let this girl ride, just seems weird to me. Thank you for the response.

ok should I lower it? or let it roll? shes doing well now, but don't want something to go haywire later on. I've done research, but ppm is all over the place on the correct #'s for auto's, so I just said screw it and did the ppm like I would a photo
I would bring her down gradually to 650 or so and see how she does. It may be one of the cultivars that will take it, but my experience is that above 600 you start running into lockout with autos. Maybe do a water change now (800) and then another in 5 days (600). Something like that. Also, I do see some cupping. How's the temp?

Consider fulvic acid as well. HTH, IMHO, etc.

:pass:

I would bring her down gradually to 650 or so and see how she does. It may be one of the cultivars that will take it, but my experience is that above 600 you start running into lockout with autos. Maybe do a water change now (800) and then another in 5 days (600). Something like that. Also, I do see some cupping. How's the temp?

Consider fulvic acid as well. HTH, IMHO, etc.

:pass:
I had some heat issues the first 2 weeks, then I went Mcgyver and tapped into a A.C. duct and ran the house AC straight into the tent, she now sits at 73-75 day about 63-65 night, been solid 42% humidity the entire grow.

My water change is tomorrow so I will bring her down to 800. although she's sucking up approx. 2 gallons of water every 30 hours.

just ordered some Mr. Fulvic, Fulvic acid supposed to be here tomorrow

Cool. FWIW 42% RH is low. Consider adding a humidifier and dialing in VPD. My grows improved significantly once I did so. See attached.

Attachments

• VPD-Charts-from-DimLuxLighting.com_ (1).pdf
    287.7 KB · Views: 39
Cool. FWIW 42% RH is low. Consider adding a humidifier and dialing in VPD. My grows improved significantly once I did so. See attached.

Thank you for the chart, I haven't seen that before. by the chart I'm in the correct zone for the late veg/early bloom stage, so I'm on there. I will dig out the humidifier, because I'm off every other stage. I appreciate it, my photos always did well at 42%

OK, I just realized that there are 6 different charts, how do you determine which chart you use?

Back