Grow Room Growing AutoFlower Plants Indoors Like a Houseplant (Light Thru Tinted Glass)

ExNavyInSTL

Old Sailor with a new hobby!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
My own shit, thanks to places like this!
As an experiment, I have two Autos growing in SIP buckets. However, this time I am not using a grow tent.

My pattern has been to take them outside in the morning and bring them back in at night (or during a storm).

By doing that, I ended up removing a bunch of leaves because of leaf septoria.

I'm wondering if I need to take them outside at all.

From your experience, have you grown an Auto just using sunlight passing through tinted glass?

My location is ideal for most of the day. It is a south-facing window, I get direct sunlight until around 3 in the afternoon.

I'm not expecting much yield because they are in 3.5-gallon buckets, which have a GrowBucket insert. In other words, there is not a lot of root space.

I'm not sure I am gaining anything by taking them outside into 95ºF temps.

House Plant Small.jpeg

The plant on the left is Sweet Nurse CBD Auto (Sweet Seeds) and the other is Methane by Gnome Automatics.

They were not planted as throw-aways. I do want to get a little out of them. If I end up with an ounce from each I'll be happy.

Neat experiment! I know @cubfaninmo has a really limited space and takes his in and out on nice days. I guess it would depend on the weather but he may have some input.

EDIT: Here's his thread -

Neat experiment! I know @cubfaninmo has a really limited space and takes his in and out on nice days. I guess it would depend on the weather but he may have some input.

EDIT: Here's his thread -

I do move mine between outside to in front of a window, and under a cheap light at night without much of an issue. Definitely be careful with the heat. Maybe bring it in before it gets really hot. I usually get about 2 oz growing in pretty small containers doing this.
Good luck!

Thanks. I hadn't thought of the light idea.

Sounds like my expectations are on point.

I do move mine between outside to in front of a window, and under a cheap light at night without much of an issue. Definitely be careful with the heat. Maybe bring it in before it gets really hot. I usually get about 2 oz growing in pretty small containers doing this.
Good luck!

Back