Photoperiod 3 Grow Tent Rotation, Mixed Strains, Australia, First try at Seeds

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First post on this forum (First post on any cannabis forum).

I’m Scout, I have been growing for 5 years on and off, in total 4 cycles. I have been heavily hydroponics and bottled nutrients in the past but am moving to Organic soils. I live in Australia, hence the metric measures.

To begin i would like to thank the cannabis growing community for the amazing wealth of information and ideas that help each and every one of us on our journey to growing our own prized crop. A special shout out to "Cannabis Cultivation and Science pod cast" that lead me to this forum as well as supplied me with a abundant amount of information that I am turning into knowledge on organic growing. I really appreciate all the information provided as it has helped shape my goals and ambitions for the future.

:worship: Absolute praise to Ted Hussey and all the people he has interviewed, absolute Legend.

On to it!

I have 3 tents.

:18-6: 1. .8m x .8m x 1.2m Clone, Early Veg tent.

1500W total LED (Cheep eBay brands) Unsure of the PAR level as I don’t have a par meter but from the specs given with the lights I’d say around 650-800. I will upgrade this to a single 600W reflect Viparspectra

Simple tent with passive exhaust and 4’ intake and a solo clip fan for air circulation.

:12-12: 2. 1m x 1m x2m Flowering

2 X 600W Viparspectra Reflector LEDS Par around 1200-1500 as per specs.

Carbon filter 6’ with 6’ exhaust fan

4’ intake

2 x clip fans for circulation

:12-12: 3. 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m Flowering

600W HPS (Unsure of par)

Carbon filer 6’ with 6’ exhaust fan

4' intake

2 clip fans

1 hanging oscillating fan

That’s my set ups, any comments or suggestions let me know I am looking to improve my practices where ever I can.

My current medium is Home Made Living Soil as well as compost tea I am still transitioning off Silica and CalMag (By general hydroponics) If any ideas of substitutes that are organic let me know. Once I am off those two, I am fully organic.

My techniques: I currently use topping, LST and semi scroging as my main techniques.
Anything else that may help increase my yield without slowing veg or harvest time?

My environment: I have a very stable room that is currently sitting between 13 – 24 Degrees Celsius (Its between -3 and 11 outside) so I am happy with this range. I have a heater that can heat all three if needed. My RH is between 40% and 55%, I have a single humidifier that can do one tent but not all 3.

I am using Carbon filtered tap water PHed to 6.5-6.8 with substituted CalMag and Silicia.

My compost tea is a simple mix of

· Vermicompost from my worms

· Dolomite lime

· Unsulfured molasses

· Bat guano liquid (I found an organic supplier of liquid bat guano in bloom and veg form so I use the one I need for what period. I think one is sea bird and the other bat? Unsure.)

· Neem meal

· Seasol (Kelp solution)

· Blood and bone

· Epsom salt

· Powdered rock minerals

This is my first recipe at compost tea, from what I have researched it seems to be similar to most base ones with a few extras. A lot of the American recipes are difficult to source in Australia. Any feedback, questions or suggestions go ahead.

:growing:

So, I popped 4 seeds, 2 Critical Purple Kush and 2 Cheese.

They are currently in my 2nd tent :12-12: vegging waiting until they fill out the space to switch to 12/12. Before I switch these, I will take 3 clones from each plant so assure I have another 4 ready to go when the harvest is over.

I just did some plant training after topping them all a week or so ago. The front 2 are Cheese and Back 2 CPK. I plan for another 3-5 weeks of veg to fill out the tent then switch.

20190621_124052.jpg

In my 1st tent :18-6: I have popped 3 Auto Flower Northern lights. These are as extra fillers in my space until I get my perpetual going properly (They are on the right). Once my Cheese and CPK had hit 4 weeks of veg I popped 2 Jack Plant and 2 White Kush. (WK on far left, Jack in middle.) One of my Jacks failed so I tried to add a Candy Cream still unsure if that will come through.

Anyway these will sit in this tent until my 3rd tent is available in a few weeks’ time.

20190621_124031.jpg

My 3rd Tent :12-12: has a solo White Widow X Big Bud. I mainlined, Lolli popped and lsted the hell out of it, in hindsight I could have let veg for a few more weeks before flipping but that’s okay. It has 7 Main colas and around 30 tops in total. Has maybe 3 or 4 more weeks left.
20190621_124109.jpg

Guess I better get to the point now hey.

I plan to

1. Harvest Tent 3.

2. Move seedlings into 3 until ready for flip

3. Flip tent 2, But before take 3 clones of each plant and get them going.

4. When ready flip tent 3, taking 3 clones of each.

5. Harvest tent 2, move clones in until ready for flip, take clones of the clones before flipping.

6. Harvest tent 3 move clones in until ready for flip, take clones of the clones before flipping.

Rinse and repeat.

More specifically I plan to, veg one set for 8 weeks and then flower. My other set will be 4 weeks behind that. Vegging for the same time. Harvest, fill room with vegging plants, flip, clone ect ect. (I know this is basic perpetual growing but just being clear)

I am HOPING for between 2 - 4 oz per plant, 8 – 16 oz per tent, harvesting every 4 weeks.Optimistically i think i may be able to pull up to 6 Oz per plant, but we will see!

Thoughts, comments, suggestions or questions are not only welcomed but encouraged.

Thanks,
Scout

Last edited:
subbed up for this, happy growing.

I'll buy a ticket for the show. Good luck

Hey,

Glad to see AFN is back up,

Here a little update.

I did some LST on my 4 vegging.

20190625_160045.jpg
20190625_160048.jpg

My new seedlings are coming through, I think i either planted the White Kush in either too hot of a soil or there is a genetics issue.

20190625_155919.jpg

My one flowering White Widow x Big Bud plant is on its last few weeks, its fattening up nicely.
20190625_160404.jpg

20190625_160357.jpg

Attachments

• 20190625_160408.jpg
    20190625_160408.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Just another quick update.

My Candy Cream that was going to join the Jacks and White Kush failed also.
Started a Critical by RQS.

20190708_152612.jpg

My white kush seem a bit mangled. just starting to show some proper shaped leaves now. Think this will affected this lots harvest greatly.

20190708_152508.jpg

My auto northern lights are going strong, just tied them down, unsure if i should top or not, i may do one to see the difference. They are the back 2 and front right.

20190708_152503.jpg

The Jack on the front left was seeded at the same time as the White Kush, I really messed up somewhere with them!

Im mainlining this jack so maximize its yield as well as created a longer veg stage to let the White Kush catch up (Hopefully!)

20190708_152523.jpg

My 2 CPK and Cheese are vegging along well. I'm about to go on holiday at the end of next week, otherwise I would be cutting clones and switching to Flower for them now, instead they get an extra week until I get back to watch the clones.

First 2 are CPK last 2 are the cheese. They seem much more stout then the CPK.
I'm not cloning my cheese as I have many seeds.
I will clone my CPK as well as take 2 for seeds. I have dedicated small CFL tent to flower 2 small plants from clone. I will flip one to male and make some seeds! :)

These CPK and Cheese will be ready to flip in 2 weeks is the plan. Looking forward to a full healthy tent.

20190708_152550.jpg
20190708_152544.jpg
20190708_152540.jpg
20190708_152555.jpg

Anyway its pretty much been cruise control. Light Defoliation's on my CPK and Cheese.
Weekly compost tea.
Once topped dressed amendments for veg will redo for bloom.

Just waiting on the White Widow x BB to finish. Might be the end of this week or next, as I said I'm going away so going to leave it until I get back that will put it into 9 weeks of flower.
20190708_154712.jpg
20190708_154702.jpg

Once that tents empty ill rotate my Jack, White Kush and newly added Critical to finish off their vegging time.

I have noticed my aim for growing times are varying greatly. I don't have a proper handle on my climate and underestimated the speed of germinating from seed.

Once I get onto cloning my set ups I hope this will cut down my harvest times greatly.

Also have a Aircon being added as soon as I get the funds.

Last edited:
I read through your thread and now im all subbed up waiting on your next update

Back