A couple of questions about organics

Reaction score
So I just finished up a run of autos and this time i planted a variety of different strains.. galaxy brain, sage scout ,squanch stomper, a binary selections funkadelic, and a freebie I got from North Atlantic seed co..it was a purple haze i had mixed results . The galaxy brain and sage scout both turned out beautiful with some nice chunky flowers . The plate I used to trim had a solid layer of frosty stuff in it resin was just everywhere. I made some great canna butter out of it. The squanch stomper stayed really short. I got a slightly bigger tent and I believe I was giving all of them WAY too much light to start with and probably stunted it but it STIlLL gave me a halfway decent yield . Most of these plants showed a slight toxicity as they were growing. I used a bagged supersoil on the botttom third of a 5 gal fabric pot and then mixed a lighter less nutrient dense mix on the top . They all grew fast ! Had some tip burn but nothing too drastic. Anyways I usually only give a worm castings tea or two. And maybe a light top dress around week 4 or 5 of a pre blended dry amendment. Like temp tea bloom or a craft blend. Something along those lines. Some of these plants looked healthy all the way through. Another yielded well, but showed some deficiencies. And the last2, the funkadelic and the purple haze, just fell apart! The leaves curled up and died . It wasn’t from the bottom up like nitrogen depletion. It happened all over . Eventually the big fan leaves turned yellow, got big brown dead spots, and fell off. I checked the runoff with my ph pen (calibrated) and got numbers between like 6.9 and 7.1 . Which is a little high but not way out of range. So I don’t think it was a lock out. But i know testing runoff isn’t exact so who knows? But anyway I ended up top dressing with a buldasoil top dress mix. The one for bloom. The purple haze plant looks like hell but it’s still chunking up . The flowers look great and the newer growth has greened up . It’s praying again. But I lost a lot of leaves. It only has a week to 10 days left so I’m just giving it plain old water ph Ed to 6.5 . And it responded . A little too late, but it’s going to make it to the end. The other plant just rotted away. The small sugar leaves around the buds curled up and died . I was afraid it would mold inside so I got rid of it. I think it would have made it if I had fed it earlier, like much earlier… I guess my question is, when should I begin top dressing these plants? Is there a way to tell when they are ready, because by the time I started noticing the problem, it was too late. It takes at least 10 days to a couple of weeks till the top dresses seem to start breaking down so should I put something down earlier or will I burn the young plants? I know running all different cultivars doesn’t help because they all need a little different things it seems. I was thinking about just jumping up to bigger containers but I have a pretty small space so I’d rather keep em in 5 gal. But if I had to jump up a little to keep the plant healthier I will. Just curious if anyone else has had these sort of problems before. My run before this one produced all big beautiful plants like my best ever, and I was overconfident this time! Thought I had it figured out! Lol!

Back