Harvest & Curing Air conditioner for dying?

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
I am wondering how much moisture a portable A/C unit would remove from my 3x3 tent as I convert it to a drying tent?

I have a dehumidifier but it adds warmth.
I'm thinking my A/C unit set to 55°F-60°F might be a better choice in trying to maintain that 60/60 zone if it dries the air enough?

I live by the coast. It's very humid right now. My tent is in my garage so no "lung room" option.

My tent is also in my garage. I wouldn't put anything inside the tent. Could you hang shower curtains or something like that outside of the tent to put your equipment inside to create a "lung room" around the tent? There's also other ways of drying then using a tent. I live near a coast and we never have 2 weeks of consistent environment all year so learning to dry your weed in various conditions is something worth learning

I am wondering how much moisture a portable A/C unit would remove from my 3x3 tent as I convert it to a drying tent?

I have a dehumidifier but it adds warmth.
I'm thinking my A/C unit set to 55°F-60°F might be a better choice in trying to maintain that 60/60 zone if it dries the air enough?

I live by the coast. It's very humid right now. My tent is in my garage so no "lung room" option.
Unless it's a two pipe A/C unit, a portable will have to bring in make up air for cooling of the condenser. You garage will be your lung room. If you use your garage to park in, there goes your humidity.
Inside your home is normally lower than when the outside is high. Maybe a cool place in the house where you could brown paper bag them, maybe double, and then inside a cardboard box......U haul garment moving box................or double Earthbox shipping box. :biggrin: :cools:

I have 6 bags, doubled, and one girl whole in my homemade cardboard drying box in my walk-in closet. It's big enough to have an a/c vent......fully blocked off with aluminum tape.
Currently, 61*F and 59% by my monitor.

Does the thickness of the paper bag matter?
I bought some from Amazon and they are pretty thin.
The thicker the better. Just double them up or even put three together if you have enough. I am sure what you got will work fine.

My limited experience says hat if you elevate the paper grocery bags up off the floor, the process goes even faster. The airflow underneath makes more difference than I expected. I put mine up on a wire rack that I removed from the middle postion in my closet to make room for growing.

Back