Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Thanks for all the kind words and rep my friends!! :cheers:

You can always bend/supercrop some of the highest branches, even doing it now in veg can help maintain an even canopy later in flowering.
I think with one more week you are good 2 go mate..
Oh, I topped the largest plants a week ago. Didn't I mention that? :coffee2: Stoner moment :haha:

I would start defoliating and lollypopping as soon as you know the males are identified (or when the jungle is really overlapping, then you need to create some air/light pockets.
Check. One more week of vegging out and then 12/12. I am preparing the plants by raising the light output. I've got it at 70% right now and calculated for the 18 hours of light this amounts to a DLI of 34 Moles. I would however like to give 'm at least 30 Moles at 12/12, but that would mean I need to add more light...Mhmmm, You recon another project is due? :eyebrows:
The clones have filled up all available spots inside the tent by now. Watered them yesterday, gave 'm another 5L water with the Molasses mix added...
Y0150290 _small.JPG

(wonder how it would affect me, now, ha
Just the same as it did all those years ago bro. The canna scene has come a long way, narrowing the gene pool with each selection. That's why I'm going back to them old days genetics with which I grew up with...

I hope you will find the real keeper my friend.
Oh, I hope so too my friend 🤞
I can't complain until this point in time. The plants have been generous and made my selection even more difficult because of hybrid vigor and overall looks. I did however find a couple of plants with onion and onion/garlic smell. Even one that smelled like White Widow. The latter one, now smells like she's been humped by Mr. Proper. So all are good signs to keep track off :thumbsup:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Day 54 - First Trim for the Clones New
Some great info and advice given here by all. Looking really good and live following this thread.
For sure my friend! Loads of knowledgeable people here on the forum. ♥

Checking my clones today...
  • Soil is ok. Not to wet, not to dry :thumbsup:
  • No gnats to be found, both inside the parent and the clone tent. :coffee:
  • Temperature and humidity a.k.a. VPD is in check.
  • Light is at 70%
  • Have activated the heatpad underneath the tray and set it to 25°C just to overcome the temperature difference between night and day.
1714327799721 _small.jpg

The plants are showing loads of nice shoots. So lot's of places to start flowers :woohoo1:
1714327799718 _small.jpg

Noticed quite an amount of leaves that were covering nodes in shade, so these had to go. Also underneath the foliage there were enough small leaves, shoots and debris that could be removed. This will help me in keeping the moisture levels inside the canopy at a normal level.
1714327799715 _small.jpg

The first 9-finger leaves are starting to show, so that's a good sign. I know, bro-science, but I've always felt that the more fingers a cultivar has the more potent it is...
1714327799711 _small.jpg

You can barely see the soil through the canopy, so I got to work with my trimming scissors.
1714327799706 _small.jpg

About twenty minutes later this is what I was left with. No schwazzing yet, just opening the canopy so the lower shoots and smallest of plants would also get some of those hard needed foton's 💡
1714327799702 _small.jpg

I know, it looks like a mess right now, but once the plants recover from me pushing them aside to get to all the spots were I wanted to remove something, they will open up nicely once again 🌸
1714327799695 _small.jpg

And it's been again a couple of days since my last confession, euh time lapse, so today I've got a fresh one for you guys. I've stopped the timelapse just before I did the defoliation. Speed = 30 fps, duration = 100 hours. Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

@Antonio_DutchPassion @Marshydro @Bill.de.Cat @Cannaficionado @Corum59 @Crow River @DCLXVI @DOA @Doctor's Choice @Don't Fear the Reefer @Egg @Emerald Archer @FarmerJake @FullMoonparty @hecno @Hog_M@Gundy @JP1 @kfigerm @Lil Dab @Mañ'O'Green @MasonJarOG @Mozzy @Mossy @N/A-Greengo @parsing_trees @pop22 @R Wayne @Rasterman @Redeye Master @Rick Dirte' @Sawney_bean @St. Tom @tobe @Vapo @WildBill

Hey Bob
If you don't chop and drop your defoliation, take that stuff and chop it up and put it in a blender. Be careful not to heat it up too much. Mix in a minimal amount of water and just make a smoothie out of it. Dilute that down a little bit and mix in some of your microbes that you're using and maybe a dash or something that has some really good aminos. I really don't think there's any need for any brewing time. You can filter it off so you can spray it a bit easier and then throw the the filtered bits on top after you finish watering. I would probably feed it to my worms.
Right now would have been the perfect time to have done that. It is a pretty dramatic result and depends on your root structure and current biological activity. I did add some Blue Gold to something like that one time for the fish that it has in it. I mainly got that fish for the increase of mycorrhizal activity.

I saw Cali Green the Youtuber do that about five or six years ago. All he did was feed the juice back to the girl in watering. I just enhanced it a wee bit. :eyebrows:

See if you can time it and do it in another grow. It definitely gives the girls back what you just took away!

Edit................ I doubt if you would need to add any kind of carbs. I suspect that the brixs is pretty high on those girls

Hey Bob
If you don't chop and drop your defoliation, take that stuff and chop it up and put it in a blender. Be careful not to heat it up too much. Mix in a minimal amount of water and just make a smoothie out of it. Dilute that down a little bit and mix in some of your microbes that you're using and maybe a dash or something that has some really good aminos. I really don't think there's any need for any brewing time. You can filter it off so you can spray it a bit easier and then throw the the filtered bits on top after you finish watering. I would probably feed it to my worms.
Right now would have been the perfect time to have done that. It is a pretty dramatic result and depends on your root structure and current biological activity. I did add some Blue Gold to something like that one time for the fish that it has in it. I mainly got that fish for the increase of mycorrhizal activity.

I saw Cali Green the Youtuber do that about five or six years ago. All he did was feed the juice back to the girl in watering. I just enhanced it a wee bit. :eyebrows:

See if you can time it and do it in another grow. It definitely gives the girls back what you just took away!

Edit................ I doubt if you would need to add any kind of carbs. I suspect that the brixs is pretty high on those girls
Thanks bro, but I've already burned the evidence in the outside burner.
Good tip though and wil try it next time. :thumbsup:

Thanks bro, but I've already burned the evidence in the outside burner.
Good tip though and wil try it next time.

:thumbsup:
That's purely just me not letting things go to waste. That's the old farmer coming out in me ! :biggrin: :eyebrows:
Let's pick making a live rosin for an example. I do my dry ice shake to my buds. I shake for quality so there is still plenty of medicine left in the worked material. I fan dry and then decarb and infuse all of it That usually takes several cycles to get all of it done. Now that I have essentially free medicine from the infusions, I take that fully worked material and feed it to my worms. The last time I took that fully worked material and mixed it in with the commercial worm food, blended bananas, skins and all, avocados and the old material (Fruits and vegetables) from making FFJ(Fermented Plant Juice).
I mix all that up into a gooey mess, put it in quart size freezer bags And fill the bags to about half an inch all the way across and put in the freezer . Each bag is enough for one feeding. Just break it up and spread it across the top of the worm bin. They go pretty crazy for it!

I looked at it as recovering some of the minerals that I put in the soil to grow the plant and I'm putting it right back in there. That's kind of steering the worm poop a bit.:eyebrows:

I see an opportunity to utilize something and I do it. Here's a fine in a bit more extravagant opportunity I capitalized on. 95 or 96, I came upon an opportunity to buy an entire train car load of dried molasses from a train derailment. I got that stuff dirt cheap! I borrowed my neighbor's truck and trailer he used to haul hay and went to the local Home Depot and found me a work crew.:eyebrows::cools: That helped fire up my compost piles for a couple of years. And that was some HOT compost piles.

Day 59 - Switch to Flower... New
Hey Growers 'n Blowers :toke:

The last couple of days the plants have been growing like crazy. They have grown so much into the light that I've now surpassed the 30 Moles of DLI I wanted for the 12/12 schedule. It seems that Photo's can endure a much closer distance to the lights then an Auto's would.
1714683717440 _small.jpg

All the clones are chockful with nodes. I can only start to dream how they will fill up with flowers in the near future 🌸🌺🌼
1714683717434 _small.jpg

Nice short internodal distances and healthy plants. What more can a guy ask for? :hump:
1714683717429 _small.jpg

Even that little freak from early on is looking ok and producing leaves and stuff. Next defoliation will surely open up space for this one to stretch a bit more during those first three to four weeks of flower.
1714683717421 _small.jpg

Top view...All healthy looking leaves. The top shoots are a bit light, but that just because the plants are having such a hard time following up with nutrients because of the accelerated growth. :woohoo1:
1714683717413 _small.jpg

I've also noticed some appendages which almost look like female flowers.
1714683717401 _small.jpg

I'm sure of one plant that shows a pistil. Sadly the picture I took was blurry, but I know I'll get it next time. The plant's number = C5
1714683717387 _small.jpg

Another macro shot. Not exactly a female organ, but some might find this helpfull in helping decide what is and what isn't a premature sex organ. 🤞
1714683717377 _small.jpg

Not completely sure this isn't a pistil, but it only has one thread....
1714683717371 _small.jpg

Inside the parent tent it's all shoots galore. In two weeks time I've got so many shoots I don't know what to do with them... Thinking of taking some cuttings, root them and go on a hike in the woods and fields in the neighborhood. See what will happen with these by September :eyebrows: Just a thought :rofl:
1714683717358 _small.jpg

All super healthy mommies and daddies, waiting to be selected or culled. They don't know this yet as I don't want to create a mass panic, but 75% of these plants will be turned into plantfood, thanks to @WildBill for giving me the idea. :pass:
But we're not there for a long time to come, so I'd better keep 'm all healthy and producing shoots. 👌
1714683717352 _small.jpg

One last shot of the parent tent...Ain't growing all Organic a blast?!!! :hump:
The only thing I'm adding is my molasses mix to the water I'm giving. This is just plain tap water which has been standing for at least 24 hours to let the Chlorine evaporate. Nothing more, nothing less :cooldance:
1714683717345 _small.jpg

Before I show you the latest time lapse, time for a bit of boring tent values...

The DLI that's being shown should be halved (because this is calculated for 24/7 lights on) so I have at least 30 Mole left over, and I can still turn my light up by 30% if needbe.
The VPD is exactly where I want it to be for this stage of growth. This will push the plants to evaporate more water to lower that VPD, which of course let's the plants take up nutrients along the way. And the more nutrients we can push inside these plants the more energy they will have to put into flowering.
As it's already quite late when I'm writing this post, my missus has gone to bed and this is visisble by the high CO² count.
If I put the sensor outside, it gives me a value of 450ppm. Inside the tent during the day with the windows open it still gives me around 800ppm, but as soon as we go to bed the co² rises to about 1200ppm. Combine this with the high temperature, the perfect VPD and high DLI, and you understand why these plants are growing like crazy.
Still don't believe me? Have a look under this picture :muahaha:
1714684903959 _small.jpg

Today's time lapse...I blabbered enough about it, so now the time to put my money where my mouth is...
Speed = 30 fps, duration = 98 hours. Enjoy :pop::thanks:

That's it for today my friends. Hope to see/hear from you very soon! And please don't feel shy to check in and ask questions, give me tips or let me know what I can do different :bighug:

Regards,

Back