Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Bob's Auto's

On a breeding journey...
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The current harvest
:welcome: Friends to a very special project. Something I've been wanting to do for a looooong long time... :welcome:

Let me begin with sending my thanks out to Liya from @Marshydro ♥ for providing the light and @Antonio_DutchPassion from Dutch Passion ♥ for providing the regular White Widow seeds. Without the support of both parties I wouldn't be able to have started this project.

:bow:THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH GUYS!! :bow:

Let's get this show on the road, why don't we :toke:
It all started Wednesday the 29th of February when I placed the seeds into wetted cotton pads for germination...

First gathered all my supplies. 👌
1709071211278 _small.jpg

The seeds...
1709071211249 _small.jpg

I prepared a couple of plates by disinfecting them with some isopropyl alcohol. Then placed the organic cotton pads and wetted them with demineralized water with some added H²O². I then placed 5 seeds on each cotton pad, where applicable...
1709071211243 _small.jpg

...And then topped the seeds with another cotton pad. These also got some of the same water/H²O² mix.
1709071211236 _small.jpg

This continued until all the seeds were divided on the pads and the pads where topped.
1709071211226 _small.jpg

All the seeds except for the GHS seeds are regular photo's...Whaaaaaat!!!!! Bob's Auto's is growing Photo's??? :yoinks:
Yup you guys...Antonio advised against breeding with feminized versions. The reason I still added the feminised is just for giggles and out of curiosity.
1709071211220 _small.jpg

When I was done I wrapped the plates with some kitchen foil and snipped some holes in them to prevent the seeds from damping off. Normally I would use microwave foil as these have the holes already, but I was out and it was to late to run to the store.
1709071211214 _small.jpg

We're now two days, yup, you've read that right, later and I have 100% germination on the seeds!!! Noice!!! :headbang:
1709333866806 _small.jpg

There is quite the difference already between the seeds' sizes. Dutch Passion and Mr.Nice both have the same small size seeds, while De Sjaman and GHS are way bigger. There's definitely a discrepancy and I'm glad I'm able to show this to you :thumbsup:
1709333866800 _small.jpg

For the next part, my missus had to help a 'blind' hand...🦯👨‍🦯 as when this is finished I won't be able to say, which pot contains which seed...
She made an excel sheet where my missus could choose a letter and assigned it to one of the many rows (under the ASSIGNED row). She would then, carefully, give me a cotton pad and the letter to use. On the paper she noted which letter was assigned to which row... Am I being clear about this? Questions anyone?
1709333866790 _small.jpg

I then started to label 5 pots with one blue labels and gave it it's designated letter followed by 1 through 5. Remember the 5 seeds/cotton pad? :hump:
On the lower right corner you'll also notice the labels for the GHS seeds. As I don't want to breed with these I did make them more visible so no mismatch could happen.
1709333866774 _small.jpg

When we were done. My missus typed the given values from the paper into the excel sheet and printed it again. She's paranoid her boss would recognize her handwriting! And I thought I was paranoid...:rofl::haha:
Anyway...After printing the sheet again, it got placed inside an envelope and closed. I named it...
1709333866785 _small.jpg

...and signed it off.
1709333866779 _small.jpg

Even though it took us quite a while to finish this, the hard work still had to be done...Moving the trays into the Mars Hydro tent.
1709333866763 _small.jpg

I now have absolutely no idea which cultivar is in which pot and that was part of the plan. The envelope was securely placed somewhere hidden until a later date...
I sprayed each pot with some plain tapwater. Didn't even bother to let it air as by spraying, the little chlorine that's present, will surely have evaporated.
The heatbed was set to 25°C and it's temperature probe got place inside an empty pot. As you can see, there are plenty of empty spots still open. I let them be as this would give the sprouts on the right side tray the same amount of heat and heatloss...Just to keep everything the same. I also plan to use these pots at a later date and better to keep them inside with the others underneath the light and treated the same way, then to keep them at another temperature and stuff...
1709333866768 _small.jpg

I now have 48 pot's which are labeled..."Wait, what!!?? But I thought you only had 46 out of 46 seeds germinated." Well that's because I only had 18 seeds from Mr.Nice.
Of course I also have my trusty DIY temp/humid/VPD meter installed and after half an hour the values inside the tent are as followed...crap I reached my 15 pic limit. Oh well, then we type it manually for now...
  • Temp = 21.05 °C / 69.89 °F​
  • Humidity = 55.59 %​
  • VPD = 1.1 kPa​
These values will surely go up during the night and I'll be checking on them in the morning.
One sidenote though. The light from Mars Hydro hasn't arrived yet and in the meantime I'm using my DIY light, set at it's lowest setting, which means only the Led COB strip in the middle is turned on. I know, I was way to impatient, but hey...them seeds from Dutch Passion arrived and I couldn't withhold myself from not germinating them anymore. We'll see where we get in the coming days. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best 🤞

Well, that's it for today guys and gals. I hope you've enjoyed this read and I promise to update this thread two to three times a week. :thumbsup:

Again a final shoutout to @Marshydro and Antonio for helping a guy out ♥ THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :bow:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

@Antonio_DutchPassion @Marshydro @Bill.de.Cat @Cannaficionado @Corum59 @Crow River @DCLXVI @DOA @Doctor's Choice @Don't Fear the Reefer @Egg @Emerald Archer @FarmerJake @FullMoonparty @hecno @Hog_M@Gundy @JP1 @kfigerm @Lil Dab @Mañ'O'Green @MasonJarOG @Mozzy @Mossy @N/A-Greengo @parsing_trees @pop22 @R Wayne @Rasterman @Redeye Master @Rick Dirte' @Sawney_bean @St. Tom @tobe @Vapo @WildBill

sounds like its going to be a great project the first zip i ever bought for myself was some white widow pretty sure it was some locally grown stuff most likely from Dutch passion seeds knowing what i know now and the availability of stuff in the mid 2000s
good luck with the project :pop:

Thanks for the rep @Lil Dab & @DOA :cheers:

sounds like its going to be a great project the first zip i ever bought for myself was some white widow pretty sure it was some locally grown stuff most likely from Dutch passion seeds knowing what i know now and the availability of stuff in the mid 2000s
good luck with the project :pop:
My first was Super Skunk. Went on a SCHOOL day trip to Roosendaal. After the walkaround with the teachers we were set free for a couple of hours until the bus arrived. We all got warned that the teachers would be on a lookout for students going to a coffeeshop, but they didn't find the one we were at :rofl:

Keep er lit mate
I'm working on that buddy :pass:

Love seeing your breeding journals. White widow has always been a favorite growing up (who knows if what I was smoking on back in they day was WW). I’ll be keeping an eye on this one. Good luck Bob!
:nicethread::pop:

Back