Gnome Automatics ALF5f3 hydro test

Howdy folks. I've been keeping this thread to myself, but it's time to post whats happened with these girls over the last 14 weeks.I received some ALF5 and White Jem seeds from FD last year, and ran them in my newly built grow room. So the list of firsts here is large. My first for a new room, my first for in-house AFN genetics, and the first test grow for ALF5 in hydroponics.

I managed to stunt the two that survived when they were seedlings, the other two were culled for being males. One of these I did some LST on, and slowed her roll again. When that one was not flowering near the same schedule and got to be too big I dropped the lights to 12/12 and forced her. Two weeks later I went to 16/8 for the sake of the other plants in the room.

So far they are doing quite well with all the hubbub as you can see in the pics. Here she is for the first 14 weeks. I will update this thread once more when it's all harvested and weighed. It's been a fun filled grow so far, lot's of oddities, lots of challenges. The giant in the back especially. Showing insane sativa dominance from a decidedly indica hybrid. I'm ready to stop stress testing now and start harvesting!

full journal link in signature. @Mossy asked me to tag her in for final journal, so here it is. And again, I will complete this and a smoke review in a few weeks when this is harvested.
View attachment 851716
View attachment 851719 View attachment 851721 View attachment 851722 View attachment 851723 View attachment 851726

View attachment 851720 View attachment 851724 View attachment 851725
View attachment 851728 View attachment 851729 View attachment 851730 View attachment 851731 View attachment 851732 View attachment 851733
Hi green genes
You do a good job beautiful plants and nice journal keep up the good work.

Have a nice day
cu tobe

I loved watching the original journal man. You really let the plants just do their thing for the most part. Nice simple but sophisticated hydro style :slap:

Thank you! That is exactly what I was going for.

ALF#3 @pop22 ..the Mother of Dragons.

ALF#3 auto x Deep Chunk photo = Black Dragon. :dragon2: or ALF#4..

We Use ALF for Afghan Little Fluck..:crying:..and the number denotes how many Afghan dominant crosses are in her lineage.

@FullDuplex has added another..so she is ALF#5..5 afghan dominant crosses in her.

Wow. I don't know why I never asked. I supposed I didn't want to seem a bother. I have been wanting that information for a while now.

Cheers Mossy!

First one harvested at 100 days. I got 21 oz. wet rough trimmed.

Second larger plant is at least two weeks out still.

IMG_20180202_073047.jpg

IMG_20180202_090738.jpg
IMG_20180202_090804.jpg

IMG_20180202_090749.jpg
IMG_20180202_101809.jpg
IMG_20180202_101817.jpg

Cant believe that I just saw this thread, either I get too many notifications or im draggin ass.

Life has been busy on the real side of things but im due for a catch up.

I honestly don't kow where to begin with this one. @Rev. Green Genes has knocked them out of the park. That needs to be addressed first. these are the biggest ALF to date. the generation that was grown here was the F3 after the initial cross.

They are Black Dragon x Bubba Kush and three selections beyond the initial cross. the Faternal side is the Dragon, and a selection of F3 that were made of the dragon line I had. The F3 Offspring were crossed against Bubba Kush, rolled to F3 under resin and color selection as well as resistance to stress, environmental and inflicted, and size.

The weight on them is unreal ad glad to see the size in hydro, also good to note that they work well on both sides, soil as well as hydro. It was an honor to have you test some of the inhouse gear, here is hoping that the ALF and Jem continue the legacy that they have for me.

:drool: :vibe: :clapper::clapper::clapper: .... very nice results GG, despite the wild ride! Lovely lovely bud too, dark greens and deep purples,....classic ALF' family fat-head trich's! How's the aroma mate?

:drool: :vibe: :clapper::clapper::clapper: .... very nice results GG, despite the wild ride! Lovely lovely bud too, dark greens and deep purples,....classic ALF' family fat-head trich's! How's the aroma mate?

Thanks! I'm still amazed when I look back at the pics. The smell of these girls has been a wild ride. It's changed over their lifetime several times. It's very hard to describe. I had heavy pepper smells early, then sharp citrusy. Now that it's harvested it's very sour and still sharp but the citrus is gone. The flavor of the first taste was sharp cheese and medicated cough drops, then after it dried up better it's medicated cough drops with some pine flavor.

The smoke was heavy and satisfying, you can taste the trichs popping. You know that flavor when you taste blood, it's sort of metallic and velvety on the tongue, like that. Good muscle relaxation and a fairly potent buzz, I got very forgetful after smoking. I tried to roll a cig. and couldn't find the tobacco, then when I found that, the papers were missing. I went after the papers and then couldn't find the tobacco..... LOL. That lasted about twenty minutes but my back and neck pain were eased for an hour or two.

The next harvest is going to blow my mind. Biggest plant I've grown, and the buds are getting thicker on this one too. She could be a heavyweight lady.

Thanks! I'm still amazed when I look back at the pics. The smell of these girls has been a wild ride. It's changed over their lifetime several times. It's very hard to describe. I had heavy pepper smells early, then sharp citrusy. Now that it's harvested it's very sour and still sharp but the citrus is gone. The flavor of the first taste was sharp cheese and medicated cough drops, then after it dried up better it's medicated cough drops with some pine flavor.

The smoke was heavy and satisfying, you can taste the trichs popping. You know that flavor when you taste blood, it's sort of metallic and velvety on the tongue, like that. Good muscle relaxation and a fairly potent buzz, I got very forgetful after smoking. I tried to roll a cig. and couldn't find the tobacco, then when I found that, the papers were missing. I went after the papers and then couldn't find the tobacco..... LOL. That lasted about twenty minutes but my back and neck pain were eased for an hour or two.

The next harvest is going to blow my mind. Biggest plant I've grown, and the buds are getting thicker on this one too. She could be a heavyweight lady.
So the smells and reports on the first smoke sound about right. Pepper, Pine, Cheese, and citrus. The pepper smell is common on them and that is for sure the dragon heritage in them. Im told that its a primordial smell, old world type of deal. Actually the same reports I got from @Waximus with his final reports.

Im really glad to hear that the smoke was not a disappointment, kinda funny honestly on the cig stuff. Im curious how they will be once they are cured and set for a few weeks. Usually they like to get rather tasty once they have had time to cure out a bit.

I think that you will see a yield on this last one, its already promising that just from looking at the pics. They are simply breathtaking and I couldn't have picked a better person to test them out.

Breeder:
:dragon2::dragon2::dragon2:
Mandalorian Genetics

Strain:

ALF5 f3 Indica/sati Pheno
:afn::afn::afn:
Grow style:
:18-6:
RDWC
600 watt MH/HPS
Green Planet Hydro Fuel, heavyw8, massive, finisher, hydroguard, camg+, Beastie Blooms, ChaChing, superthrive.

images.duckduckgo.com.jpgckgo.com.jpg

Harvest and Grow.

100% Germination and 50/50 Male:Female. 100 days to harvest, it did autoflower, it was a very stout and sturdy plant. These had heavy branches that stood straight up and held a lot of weight. Huge fan leaves measuring over 12 inches wide, the plant overall was 65 inches tall and nearly 4 ft wide. Some buds turned purple a few weeks prior to harvest, and all of them were heavy with large trichomes. The scent was astringent, sour, and sharp. There were undertones of pine and citrus with an earthy background. Very sticky, and took a month to dry to 62-65% cure. She was larger than many Autoflowers, and extremely resilient. A pleasure to grow.

Weight:

Dry weight 156 grams, wet weight 21 oz.
:yay1::cheersmate:
Smoke:

The smoke is heavy and bright on inhale with a slightly metallic nose hit and noticeable pine notes, primarily taste citrus on the inhale. If there was a citrus fruit between a tangerine and a grapefruit, that would be close. The exhale is smooth on the tongue, sweet and somewhat earthy. The taste and scents are complex. The stone is quickly apparent and dreamy. The first 15 to 30 minutes were a blur, but after that I was motivated to get some stuff done, and did so without much back and neck pain. The crystals are so heavy that they gum up a grinder. The high lasted about 2 hours but pain relief was longer.
:doc1::doc1::doc1:
IMG_20180302_113658.jpg
IMG_20180302_113729.jpg
IMG_20180302_113600.jpg

:smoking::biggrin::biggrin::bighug:
I know, my trimming is terrible. Can't get everything right :d5:

Last edited:
Back