Anothr Try

Kilbarrog

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Someone MUST of had this problem. But I've already asked on here & didn't get a reply
I'm having real trouble with magnesium deficiency. It was very bad in my last grow.
I'm using Biobizz nutes, in Light Mix soil. Ph of nutes is 6.5 & I've been feeding them Biobizz calmag at 1ml a litre of water.
Yesterday I upped that to 4ml a litre.
I know it might take a few days to see any results, but I'm not holding my breath. It's spread to another 2 plants this morning.
I'm in a hard water area, so I'm wondering am I overdosing on calcium?
It's so bad, I have lumps of calcium in my kettle.
Would I be better just using Epsom Salts?
If so, what dosage should I use?
I've searched for hours online & all I can find is the dosage 1 tblsp per 5 litres of water. But that's for a foliar spray

ANY help will be very much appreciated
IMG_20230423_092205.jpg
IMG_20230422_172635.jpg
IMG_20230421_194043.jpg

I use all biobizz products in my grows, and this always happens to me as well, this happens more frequently with led grow light, use recommended dosage for cal-mag don’t exaggerate.
if calmag is not enough add only Epsom salt into water and spry foliage in dark time. You can also put some Epsom salt into the ground so when you water roots will absorb it.

Don’t don’t use ph adjustments on organic grow. Putting fertilisers into the water will stabilise ph and if needed the soil will adjust ph itself.

Last edited:
I use all biobizz products in my grows, and this always happens to me as well, this happens more frequently with led grow light, use recommended dosage for cal-mag don’t exaggerate.
if calmag is not enough add only Epsom salt into water and spry foliage in dark time. You can also put some Epsom salt into the ground so when you water roots will absorb it.

Don’t don’t use ph adjustments on organic grow. Putting fertilisers into the water will stabilise ph and if needed the soil will adjust ph itself.
Thanks for taking the time to help
In my last grow I followed the schedule & it didn't help. So this grow I started 1ml per litre & it doesn't help.
Do you know how much Epsom Salts I should use on the soil?
Again, Thanks!

I don’t have precise quantities, usually, I just ‘feel’ it.

You can start by putting two/three teaspoons as a top dressing or more if needed. It's very hard to over fertilize with epsom salt.

I use it once in a while for prevention and more frequently only if problem occur.

But for fast results I suggest to foliar spry.

I was at one point using Bio-bizz all the time in soil, I've since given up using them my water is around 0.7 ec so pretty hard. Biobizz from what I have learnt is formulated for the nice soft dutch waters. I was always getting inconsistent grows, moved over to plant magic hard water nutes and never looked back. I also never ph'd bio-bizz nutes unless using coco. The nutes buffer in the soil by Ph'ing you could be doing more damage than good.

i used to use bio bizz light mix with biobizz bloom & Alg a mic only
and i wouldnt bother adding any cal mag

the light mix soil should buffer your ph if its not too high or low and adding calmag or epson could be the problem

feed / feed / water cycle

i used to use bio bizz light mix with biobizz bloom & Alg a mic only
and i wouldnt bother adding any cal mag

the light mix soil should buffer your ph if its not too high or low and adding calmag or epson could be the problem

feed / feed / water cycle
i now use Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom A+B now instead

Back