Reaction score
Hey All I'm new to this site,I've got 3 mephisto's at day 50 going and I've seem to run into a problem or two..I'm using a 150w HPS,
3 × 10L airpots,
Bio bizz light soil and nutes .
Does anyone have any idea why some of the branches on the plants are becoming lighter green and alot of yellowing in the leaves? Anyone's advice is much appreciated!
20160512_161321.jpg
left: alien v triangle
Middle: tyrone special
Right: illuminauto #1

Hey All I'm new to this site,I've got 3 mephisto's at day 50 going and I've seem to run into a problem or two..I'm using a 150w HPS,
3 × 10L airpots,
Bio bizz light soil and nutes .
Does anyone have any idea why some of the branches on the plants are becoming lighter green and alot of yellowing in the leaves? Anyone's advice is much appreciated!View attachment 567443 left: alien v triangle
Middle: tyrone special
Right: illuminauto #1
I'm new to growing, so not really sure what's going on. Are they auto's? Apart from the leaves yellowing, they look great. Are you feeding the right nutes and calmag? Have a look at this article. Not sure if it's relevant, but a good start. http://www.growweedeasy.com/nitrogen-deficiency-cannabis Hope you manage to figure it out.

Yeah it probably is just nitrogen,I'm using the fish mix tho and the npk is 5-1-4 ,maybe I'm just not giving it enough! Cheers anyway dude!

:toke: Dizz-- looks mostly like N defc. to me too, but it's hitting high up on that one plant, not typical, and odd with the 5-N going in.... typically, lowers go first, and during later bloom, some fan consumption is normal,... lots at the end!... noting the NPK on your nute's-- what about the bloom formula? Now's the time for elevated P-K, that 1-P won't make the most of your potential yields... You know, do me a favor, isolate that yellow plant, the Illuminauto, and get me whole plant pics,.. I can't tell in this pic, but is the whole plant yellowed out like that? If so, it's not N or just N defc., might be S defc. as well,.... do you have a pH of that soil?
:biggrin: We have a very good Pic Depot right here, in the Sticky's section about this one, and a another text heavy one call Self Diagnose your plants; between them, it's way better than any other site!

Sure thing dude here is the full picture of the most yellowed plant ,it will probably give you a better indication as to why it's like this

Attachments

• 20160514_110200.jpg
    20160514_110200.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 122
I'm not sure about the ph of the soil as I have no way of checking it at the moment and the formula for the bloom is 2.0 -7- 4 ..I've been giving them small amounts of the bloom the past 2 weeks ..so maybe my ratios between the fish and bloom are off? Or I'm not feeding enough? Either way ,any advice is much appreciated dude

Everything was fine up until recently? The latest pic looks like it might be a couple things actually, maybe 3 different defs. I wonder if your pH went to crap real fast. If the pH is out of range, it prevents certain nutes from being taken up by the roots, then the plant has to eat itself a little bit lol. At some point one day, you'll have to get some way to test the soil pH. It's not cheap, but we like the Accurate 8 soil probe. In the meantime, check your nute bottles and see if there's a recommended foliar feeding dosage. That's where you dilute a low dose and spray it on the leaves. It's really not great to do this at mid or late flowering, but it might be an option since we won't be able to judge the soil pH.

Cheers dude yeah I had to change location of my grow about 3 weeks ago,those three were in a tent in a shed under a 250w cfl (with no reflector) and a mars hydro 300w for 5weeks.Soil was taking up to 10days to dry at the time too but then they went into an attic with a 150w hps and now it's nearly double the heat. Im pretty sure they got stunted from early on in the shed but it's only since the change in location that I've started to get some deficiencies. I'm gonna give them a light foliar feed like you suggested anyway ,should I avoid the buds completely in doing so?

Yeah some will get on the buds, but if you can try to keep in on the leaves mostly. When spraying, you'll have to dim the lights while the droplets are on the leaves. This is to reduce microlensing, the effect of liquid droplets magnifying light, which can burn leaves. So if you have the mars 300 led still, you can use that raised all the way up, it shouldn't burn at that wattage. Or if you have a couple low watt cfls you could put in there for a few hours. Maybe just the 150 hps wouldn't burn if raised way up. Or some people wait until lights out to do the foliar feeding.

Back