Grow Room Anyone build out a grow in an "under stair case" closet?

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Purple Chem [] Blueberry Passion [] Raspberry Punch
Long story short... Ive got a 2x4, a 4x4, and a 5x9 gorilla tent AND....... I dont get to use any of them currently... as my spare room has become occupied. I do have a closet under the staircase I am hoping to use, but its only 3 feet wide but at least 8 feet deep amd as tall at the front with the classic slop to the back that end up being about 6 feet tall or so...
the door is at the front not off to the side.. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to set up a space big enough to be worth it but still manageable as far as being able to access the plants... Considered getting another 3x3 tent.. but it doesnt look like it would fit well. Im looking at probably cutting a hole in the side wall for exhaust and using the gap under the door for intake. I usually like to filter the intake, but without a second door inside the main door, it doesnt seem doable.. Anyways, just throwing this out there in case anyone has used one of these odd shaped closets! Ive got a ton of seeds that are begging to be popped!!
Thanks!!

I put my MarsHydro 2.3x2.3 in that space. I bought the tent as it was the only one that would fit nicely. I know you probably don't want to buy another tent..... I vent my exhaust out the bottom of the stairs as there is a gap between the bottom step and the floor.

That's a narrow space. How do you plan to grow?

You could hang orca film and cut PVC if you wanted something more tent like then you could wall mount strong fans for circulation.

Cut a filter kit to size to fit below your door for the intake.

Hey brother, since the closet is deep it would be helpful to maybe have your pots on some kind of roller system.

A long piece of plywood with some short caster wheels, since the door is at the front you could pull the board out and have access to all the plants. Or you can put them on individual plant caddies but that might make it a bit harder to access all the plants.

Good luck man! Maybe you already got it figured out.:pass::cheers:

Hey brother, since the closet is deep it would be helpful to maybe have your pots on some kind of roller system.

A long piece of plywood with some short caster wheels, since the door is at the front you could pull the board out and have access to all the plants. Or you can put them on individual plant caddies but that might make it a bit harder to access all the plants.

Good luck man! Maybe you already got it figured out.:pass::cheers:

Good idea thanks bro!
Just got done replacing the light switch with a grounded receptacle switch combo so I can plug my surge protector into something and have a grounded power supply. Im not an electrician lol but it wasn't so bad.. nailed it first try.. Now I need to put a hole in the wall and have an exhaust vent installed.. not sure if im going 4 or 6 inch.. then ill need a different fan.. probably something from ac infinity... and ill be using the gap under the door as an intake..not ideal.. but maybe things will evolve as i go along..

Ill get some pics up once I figure everything out.. Probably only going to be doing two lage or four small depending on the strain.. with my bad back I cant reach much farther than that!

more like this crappy photoshop illustration i did
Untitled-1 - Copy.jpg
but theres about 3 feet of level ceiling / wall near the door b4 it starts sloping down!

Back