APK F3 Run

Old Sage Seeds

Welcome to the CannaZone
AFN Probationary Vendor
Reaction score
Hello AFN and Welcome! :toke:

This thread will be dedicated to my (admittedly lackluster) attempt at documenting the creation of my APK's 3rd Filial Generation. APK stands for Acid Patch Kids and was originally created back in 2018 as one of my first breeding projects. Though I have learned a ton and chucked a lot of pollen since, this girl stands out every time and I can't wait to see what F3 brings!

Grow Details
- Lights: 2x HLG QB96 elite v2
- Medium: Re-used blend of old soils
- Pots: 1 gallon Radical bags, 3/4 full
- Light Schedule: 20/4
- Genetics: APK f2 x APK f2
- Parentage: Sweet N Sour x Purple Microdot
- Sex: M/F

Goal:
- Find and move towards isolating the big sweet pheno
- Select for symmetry, vigor, and side branching

F2 Phenotypes
- I've grown over 50 of the APK F2 and they are really all over the place. Some get real big with smells ranging from Flintstone Vitamins to berry. Others stay small/fast and are all on the sweet side. Most pack on the frost late and will go 90+ days.

Feel free to ask questions an enjoy!

Here is how it starts. 17 hopefuls sprouted and off to the races!
PXL_20211227_214336904.jpg

This is great, thank you for documenting this on AFN. I will be taking notes and probably referring back to this thread in the future. Much love :pop:

Thank you all for stopping by to what this train wreck unfold. A lot happed in week 3.

Here's the beginning of week 3. Down to 15. One of them was slow going with only three sets of leaves instead of the symmetrical 4 I am after.

PXL_20220112_140345135.jpg
PXL_20220112_140358052.jpg

Sorry Fam, it's been a minute. Here are the plants I cut at the end of week 3. A number of reasons including slow growth, twisted leaves, nonsymmetric growth, and color. Both males and females chopped in this round.

Cut 1 - Week 3.jpg

Cut 2 - Week 3.jpg

Back