As good as everclear?

Yeah it was pretty good. Took a while to take a grip, then I blanked for a while. Had rolled a few joints just after taking it but hardly touched even one of them. And had my best nights sleep in ages. I’ll be making more at some point...

HH

I'm currently growing a Dinafem dinamed cbd only and a pineapple express auto. Think im gonna make get some coconut oil instead of honey this time and bang the chopped plants both in slow cooker together for 8 hrs. Will decarb work ok this way?

Or should I still use the oven first?
Also is there a way to get rid of the chlorophyll green colour and taste?

I've been making tincture for sublingual use for a number of years now, originally adapted from Green Dragon and modified with some publicly available info published by GW Pharma and various other sources. It's a quick and predictable way of making a sublingual tincture and 30ml can be made in less than an hour.

The first method I would decarb using the oven method, 9-12g bud chopped in a food processor (1-2mm particle size) then spread loosely on tin foil with a foil cover, in the oven at 160C for 3-4 mins. Let it cool a little then add the decarb weed to a water bath containing 60ml of Spirytus (190 proof) and gently heat to see it just about bubble moving it on and off the heat until the volume is about halved. The whole lot is then strained through muslin into a dropper bottle and stored in the fridge. Titrate to determine dosage, usually taken in either 1/4, 1/2, 1ml or 1.5ml, rarely need to go above 1ml as that is baking territory and can be added to other consumable products :crying:

I've modified this process to sous vide, I chop bud just the same but then pack it into a vacuum sealed bag and decarb at 96C in a water bath for 1hr 40mins, the extraction into Spirytus is in a mason jar in a water bath at 65C for 4-8 hours and then reduced and strained just the same as before. This method is easier to control temp wise and is completely odourless, end product is just the same really, but I need to make a few more of these to see if there is a difference in strength between the two methods. This method also means that alot more product can be processed at any one time, I'm pretty sure that a batch of decarb can be stored in the freezer waiting for extraction another day, also I can chop and vaccum pack and then freezer store before decarb so that the whole process can be spread over a period of time or ready to make packets can be transported.

I've not found a way to get rid of the chlorophyll taste, but I've read this is a beneficial component anyway.

:dragon7:

Last edited:
Back