Auto pot xl overflowing not shutting off

Brogsukgrow

New User
Reaction score
Hi there I am new to this site I am turning for urgent advice

I have 8 xl auto pot modules

Now every single pot is overflowing.....
I have cleaned each module and turned the valves upside down, cleaned and reset them

Still the pots are flooding and going everywhere

Now I have turned the tap toa. Quarter and it seems to be OK.... But as soon as I turn the taps full the room is flooded... Is this because the water is dispersing to fast and to much or is it a valve/seal problem?

Hope I can get help off somebody thank you very much.

If you look on the modules there are 2 seals that stop water from entering so check that both of these are in the little places as they stop them from flooding

The leaking is almost always from the 2 little rubber seals. They may not be set in right, could have debris on them or could have little ridges on them that can make them not exactly flat. Take the seals out, clean em, cut off any rubber bits don't look right, and put them back together making sure the seals are flush into the seats. Also are you running any air in the rez? Air bubbles in the lines can screw with the valves

Hi there I am new to this site I am turning for urgent advice

I have 8 xl auto pot modules

Now every single pot is overflowing.....
I have cleaned each module and turned the valves upside down, cleaned and reset them

Still the pots are flooding and going everywhere

Now I have turned the tap toa. Quarter and it seems to be OK.... But as soon as I turn the taps full the room is flooded... Is this because the water is dispersing to fast and to much or is it a valve/seal problem?

Hope I can get help off somebody thank you very much.
wait a minute, when you say tap, are you talking line pressure from your house plumbing? If so, that is not going to work. Your feed has to be gravity only from a reservoir.

The leaking is almost always from the 2 little rubber seals. They may not be set in right, could have debris on them or could have little ridges on them that can make them not exactly flat. Take the seals out, clean em, cut off any rubber bits don't look right, and put them back together making sure the seals are flush into the seats. Also are you running any air in the rez? Air bubbles in the lines can screw with the valves
Wow thanks for all these fast responses
I have sat the sales in level however, they do have ridges in them, I'm not sure if they are flush enough?,

No air j
No air stone no just standard gravity fed pebbles and soil mix

Can you post a pic of your setup and floats ect pls
As soon as I get to garden I will show you a picture of setup and a close up of one of the leaking modules, I have ordered new valve silicon seals because I am. Not sure if these are not sharp enough or weather they are to grooved I'm not sure

Was going to suggest that one of the seals fell out but see you've already been in there cleaning and checking things.....Haven't had any problems out of mine at all and the seals have a bit of indentation from use...The fact you mention "Now I have turned the tap toa. Quarter and it seems to be OK.... But as soon as I turn the taps full the room is flooded." ...also makes me wonder like Olderfart, please confirm they are on a gravity fed reservoir for us..

Back