Autopot feeding clones in Coco.

Reaction score
Hello, I'm not far off setting up my autopot system with coco with clay pebble mix, I know you have tk hand water for first few weeks, my questions are how much water or light nutrients? Do I soak it to run off even for a young clone etc? Can anyone give me a guide to get me going I've got the info on feeding after this. Ps what about cal mag, will I need to feed this into the rez at any point I have hard water so it's full of minerals but will that be enough. Cheers man

Coco is hydroponics, so yes you always feed and you always feed to 20% run-off. What is your starting water PPM?

Coco is hydroponics, so yes you always feed and you always feed to 20% run-off. What is your starting water PPM?
You have to top feed the auto pots to start for a week or two so the roots get established I'm just after some advice on how to water them when I plant the clones into the autopots.

Thats what I was told hand feed from above for two weeks. Just need to know how much with coco etc

In terms of watering frequency, i think you can follow bushamster's timing and watering amounts... https://www.autoflower.org/threads/bushmasterar15-another-grow.71106/page-2#post-2084006. Eventhough it might not give us the benefits of daily watering the coco, it has worked great for me and my growpals who use Autopots, and even for the first two to three weeks of plants not in autopots but using coco. We do make sure to give a little "flush" with about 1 Lt a few hours before switching on the system... usually also take the run off EC of this "flush" to see if it matches or is lower than input. If it's higher, give a bit more watering from the top till runoff is equal or lower than what we are putting in.. this in hopes to avoid salt buildup afecting the plant early on.

Also, try not to go just by time to decide when to switch on the system, it's better to use plant size to decide when to do it. Plant should be clearly wider than the pot (not just a coupel leaves passing the edge of the pot)... that's usually after two weeks, but can take a bit longer too. If you switch it too early, overwatering and root rot can happen easily.

Last edited:
Back