Live Stoners Basic AFN Skills for Newbies on a PC

Skelly..I'm hand adding all new member ATM..and I'm noticing a Lot of new members coming through with the same user name as their mail addy.

Could we add a Reminder that unless you want people to be able to track you back to things like Social Media or gamer forums under your own name it is Probably better to have a totally independent User name for AFN...

Simple security measures..:headbang:

Skelly..I'm hand adding all new member ATM..and I'm noticing a Lot of new members coming through with the same user name as their mail addy.

Could we add a Reminder that unless you want people to be able to track you back to things like Social Media or gamer forums under your own name it is Probably better to have a totally independent User name for AFN...

Simple security measures..:headbang:

I was planning on doing a whole article on online security.

I would HIGHLY recommend adding Threadmarks to the guide.
They are a fantastic resource for Grow Journals and allow people to jump to relevant points in a thread.
I have threadmarks set up in my journal for anyone not seeing them used.
Go to the Journal and have a look at the list of pages.
After the list is 'Threadmarks'
Hovering over it gives the most recent marks, clicking on it opens a Modal window with ALL of the threadmarks for that thread.

Also, in the 'Quotes' section, you might want to add that you can Quote multiple posts and respond to them all at the same time.
Hell, I think it even allows cross-thread quoting.

This might be asking for too much!

When I did an autocob review I could not figure out how to upload a picture for the review thru the Media part of AFN. Noticed yesterday a genius pipe review person said it was hard to figure out.

I have a triple PHD in IT graphical users interfaces (not really, I just work with and use computers a lot) and I found the media user interface just darn right freaking confusing and I could not get a picture uploaded. Maybe I was too medicated!

Anyway, curious if this is something others notice too. I suspect maybe not since there is a ton of media that is added all the time, so it can't be that hard. Maybe it's just me.

This might be asking for too much!

When I did an autocob review I could not figure out how to upload a picture for the review thru the Media part of AFN. Noticed yesterday a genius pipe review person said it was hard to figure out.

I have a triple PHD in IT graphical users interfaces (not really, I just work with and use computers a lot) and I found the media user interface just darn right freaking confusing and I could not get a picture uploaded. Maybe I was too medicated!

Anyway, curious if this is something others notice too. I suspect maybe not since there is a ton of media that is added all the time, so it can't be that hard. Maybe it's just me.
This is definitely an issue.
This is where you upload your picture (it's at the very bottom of the review options):
mzEK9v9.png

I REALLY think this needs a little work.
It just says 'Upload a File'.
There is ZERO mention that this 'File' will be the product showcase image used.
The 'Upload a File' button should be on its OWN line -move the 'Create item' and 'Preview' down a line and have a description/label for the 'upload a file' changing it to 'Upload Main Showcase Image'

Also change 'General Information' to 'Your Product Review'

Last edited:
This is definitely an issue.
This is where you upload your picture (it's at the very bottom of the review options):
mzEK9v9.png

I REALLY think this needs a little work.
It just says 'Upload a File'.
There is ZERO mention that this 'File' will be the product showcase image used.
The 'Upload a File' button should be on its OWN line -move the 'Create item' and 'Preview' down a line and have a description/label for the 'upload a file' changing it to 'Upload Main Showcase Image'

Also change 'General Information' to 'Your Product Review'

I think its way worse when you go to add a pic to an actual review. Try doing that one! Impossible. I had to get a mod to do it for my review.

I think its way worse when you go to add a pic to an actual review. Try doing that one! Impossible. I had to get a mod to do it for my review.
That is just like using an image in a forum post.
Hit the image button and provide a link to the image.
Or use the 'Upload File' to upload several images. I think it uses the first one you upload as the showcase picture.
But I agree. Not very easy/straightforward

That is just like using an image in a forum post.
Hit the image button and provide a link to the image.
Or use the 'Upload File' to upload several images. I think it uses the first one you upload as the showcase picture.
But I agree. Not very easy/straightforward

Thanks for the info. Next time I do a review i'll give it a go.

Back