New Grower Brown spot on leaf, not sure the cause

There’s a few diff deficiencies that can turn your leaf petioles that crazy purple color! Of course genetics can cause it too but I’m assuming you wouldn’t be mentioning the other things with it if plant was known to turn that color! Guessing cold water can cause issues from chilling the roots rapidly but not sure it would change the petioles color! Think if my minds working Mag/ Sulfur and think Phosphorus can all cause the leaf petiole to change color! Once it gets to where it moves to the main stem u are deep into the deficiency! Your far enough along tho I’d only wanna know for next time in case need to increase something in the feed!

I’m far from the deficiency pro here tho I just remember trying to diagnose this myself at 1 point and the fact multiple things can cause it is what drove me bonkers!

There’s a few diff deficiencies that can turn your leaf petioles that crazy purple color! Of course genetics can cause it too but I’m assuming you wouldn’t be mentioning the other things with it if plant was known to turn that color! Guessing cold water can cause issues from chilling the roots rapidly but not sure it would change the petioles color! Think if my minds working Mag/ Sulfur and think Phosphorus can all cause the leaf petiole to change color! Once it gets to where it moves to the main stem u are deep into the deficiency! Your far enough along tho I’d only wanna know for next time in case need to increase something in the feed!

I’m far from the deficiency pro here tho I just remember trying to diagnose this myself at 1 point and the fact multiple things can cause it is what drove me bonkers!

Yea I'm definitely thinking I wanna find the root issue. I have 3 more plants in the same tent, the other plant from same breeder and same genetics also has the dark purplish color. My 3rd plant that's just started flower is now having stems start to turn more purple, but just barely purple at all compared to this plant. Feeding decent strength for autos, and not sure why they would have deficiencies that cause the stems to turn purple. If it was something to do with deficiencies, wouldn't there be other signs as well? Just questioning out of curiousity.

Ya usually there will be! I’m too stoned and lazy to scroll and look so what nutrients do u use? Some don’t really cut it on the micronutrients in them!

Ya usually there will be! I’m too stoned and lazy to scroll and look so what nutrients do u use? Some don’t really cut it on the micronutrients in them!

Using GH FLORA TRIO series with added CALMAG. Following the medium feed schedule by GH. Hydro-guard with every feed, and recharge at least 1x a week.

Hydroguard u can use once a week and recharge once every week or 2 is plenty! Recharge ain’t cheap so no need to use more then u should!

Don’t have any experience with GH so not sure how good there stuff is! Few companies like foop and nectar for the gods that are organic feeds and u can get free sample of either! Foop u gotta contact company and they’ll send 1 to nearest grow store or may make an exception like they did for me and sent to my house! NFTG they send to house but gotta pay like $40 for shipping but it’s worth it! Primo organic feed there and u won’t end up with deficiencies! I know I didn’t with them! Nowadays tho using homemade nutes I still gotta dial them in a lil better!

The leaf looks like physical damage to me not a nutrient problem. If anything I see too much everything?
He’s the guy to listen so trust him for sure! I’m a damn newbie in comparison!

The leaf looks like physical damage to me not a nutrient problem. If anything I see too much everything?

Thank you. So you'd say I should cut back a bit on the nutrients? I have had a hard time dialing it in. At first I was told to go at 1/8th strength, and that didn't work out well. Plants were extremely light green, almost pale yellow. So I started feeding at medium strength going off of GH website recommendation. All advice is well appreciated. I hope to be able to improve with every run.

Hydroguard u can use once a week and recharge once every week or 2 is plenty! Recharge ain’t cheap so no need to use more then u should!

Don’t have any experience with GH so not sure how good there stuff is! Few companies like foop and nectar for the gods that are organic feeds and u can get free sample of either! Foop u gotta contact company and they’ll send 1 to nearest grow store or may make an exception like they did for me and sent to my house! NFTG they send to house but gotta pay like $40 for shipping but it’s worth it! Primo organic feed there and u won’t end up with deficiencies! I know I didn’t with them! Nowadays tho using homemade nutes I still gotta dial them in a lil better!

I think my next run will be in living soil. I thought I would like synthetic nutrients, but I feel as if a living soil type of medium would better suit my needs. I want to make one with a good recipe. and let it cook for a few months, and hopefully let it take my autos all the way through harvest. The only problem I'm having is finding a good recipe. Only occasionally requiring topdressing/watering with worm castings. I would really like to try the SCROG method, and maximize my lighting as well on the next run.

I think my next run will be in living soil. I thought I would like synthetic nutrients, but I feel as if a living soil type of medium would better suit my needs. I want to make one with a good recipe. and let it cook for a few months, and hopefully let it take my autos all the way through harvest. The only problem I'm having is finding a good recipe. Only occasionally requiring topdressing/watering with worm castings. I would really like to try the SCROG method, and maximize my lighting as well on the next run.
This is apparently a top notch soil recipe including even the brands he uses and it’s from Daz from night owl seeds and it’s geared towards autos! :d5:
8BADCAD7-68AA-49C5-AA43-3D9785668B93.jpeg

I would obv just scale down the amount he makes at once to an amount more suited towards how much you’ll need if u don’t have room to just store the extra! Of course storing it means you’ll need to open the totes and lightly water it and turn it!

If u wanna just buy living soil buildasoil makes good stuff but shipping can be ridiculous depending how far from Co u stay!

Reactions: narmohare

narmohare

Linked a great living soil recipe for autos. Been searching for one for a while.
Back