New Grower Brown spot on leaf, not sure the cause

This is apparently a top notch soil recipe including even the brands he uses and it’s from Daz from night owl seeds and it’s geared towards autos! :d5:
View attachment 1407820
I would obv just scale down the amount he makes at once to an amount more suited towards how much you’ll need if u don’t have room to just store the extra! Of course storing it means you’ll need to open the totes and lightly water it and turn it!

If u wanna just buy living soil buildasoil makes good stuff but shipping can be ridiculous depending how far from Co u stay!

Wow, Thank you. This looks like a great recipe. I do plan to store some extra, and let it cook for a whole run before using again. My biggest issue when searching for a recipe was I saw that all the recipes are pretty much geared towards photos. This looks great though!!

You could simplify everything and just use this. The Down To Earth 4-8-4 is basically all I use in my coco grows. Top feed your plants once every 15-20 days and water.
Can’t get any easier than that!

34E464AD-50C8-4DB4-BCED-437031489D12.jpeg

You could simplify everything and just use this. The Down To Earth 4-8-4 is basically all I use in my coco grows. Top feed your plants once every 15-20 days and water.

View attachment 1407955

Interesting. Do you have to treat the coco any different? IE, not watering until runoff as to not flush out the dry amendments?

View attachment 1407955
Does that have kelp lobster and alfalfa. If not I'd recommend coast of Maine Stonington blend dry all purpose fertilizermix same stuff that in there soil their soil is nice too

stonington-plant-food-527x527-92dpi-1.jpg

Could always add some seabird guano too

No watering to run off, or flushing with coco. I just mix the 4-8-4 in the right out bag coco, then start planting. About every 20 days I add about a 1/4 cup of the 4-8-4, and water.
Very easy!
No Lobster in the 4-8-4, but there is alfalfa and kelp. They have a pretty good line of organic amendments.

No watering to run off, or flushing with coco. I just mix the 4-8-4 in the right out bag coco, then start planting. About every 20 days I add about a 1/4 cup of the 4-8-4, and water.
Very easy!
No Lobster in the 4-8-4, but there is alfalfa and kelp. They have a pretty good line of organic amendments.

This looks great. How much do you use per gallon? Or do you go off of the box? I would be interested in trying this, I will have a space opening up in my grow tent in the next month.

Nice to know that you’re interested in trying dry amendments. Hope you like it!
I follow the manufactures recommendations (1-2) tablespoons per gallon. When I’m dealing with young seedlings I will use a little over a tablespoon per gallon, then increase to 2 tablespoons when I do the first top dressing.

Nice to know that you’re interested in trying dry amendments. Hope you like it!
I follow the manufactures recommendations (1-2) tablespoons per gallon. When I’m dealing with young seedlings I will use a little over a tablespoon per gallon, then increase to 2 tablespoons when I do the first top dressing.

Thank you homie. I'm definitely going to try the dry amendments next run. Its really helpful to know that around 1tbsp/ gallon is better for seedlings than 2. Thanks again. Because so many are skeptical of this approach, dry amendments and coco, I may make an update post at some point letting everyone know if its working for me, and if it is, how well it is working compared to synthetic nutrients. Quite frankly, I tend to be one of the skeptical ones. Especially given Mr. Canuck, most people try to follow his methods, but he has blatantly spread misinformation about growing in some of his video's. He seems to follow a lot of bro science. Don't get me wrong, he's a great grower, honestly far better than me. But science is science. One last question homie. This question is kind of thorough, but I want to make sure I set myself up for success. Do you treat the coco like soil? In terms of Ph, not letting medium get more than 50% dry. Etc? I know in my other question you responded and said no runoff, but the ph and watering frequency is something that has always thrown me off.

Thank you homie. I'm definitely going to try the dry amendments next run. Its really helpful to know that around 1tbsp/ gallon is better for seedlings than 2. Thanks again. Because so many are skeptical of this approach, dry amendments and coco, I may make an update post at some point letting everyone know if its working for me, and if it is, how well it is working compared to synthetic nutrients. Quite frankly, I tend to be one of the skeptical ones. Especially given Mr. Canuck, most people try to follow his methods, but he has blatantly spread misinformation about growing in some of his video's. He seems to follow a lot of bro science. Don't get me wrong, he's a great grower, honestly far better than me. But science is science. One last question homie. This question is kind of thorough, but I want to make sure I set myself up for success. Do you treat the coco like soil? In terms of Ph, not letting medium get more than 50% dry. Etc? I know in my other question you responded and said no runoff, but the ph and watering frequency is something that has always thrown me off.
No problem Brother! Anytime!
I do PH all the R/O water I feed my plants.
I don’t like fungus gnats, so I only feed them what they need for the day. After they germinate I moisten the coco with about 8 ounces of water and only feed them a turkey baster full each day, the second week about a cup, and about 8 ounces the third week. Keep in mind, each individual plant will intake water different and it will also depend on your environment.
If you’re interested… you can check out the ILGM GG-4 crop I just posted. I used less than $10 worth of dry amendments for the whole grow.
Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Back