Brownish growth on top of leaf?

Foxtrot1970

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Never had this before... It is not eating away at any tissue and the plant is doing great. I have just found it on 2 leaves. Just curious. It looks to be on the top surface of the leaf only

Attachments

• 20231220_194211.jpg
    20231220_194211.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 20231220_194201.jpg
    20231220_194201.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
  • 20231220_194304.jpg
    20231220_194304.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
I have no idea but I’d cut the leaf finger off so (a) I don’t have to look at a brown spot and (b) so I can see if it happens to develop elsewhere which would eliminate a possible nute splash or something incidental like that. :pass:

I have no idea but I’d cut the leaf finger off so (a) I don’t have to look at a brown spot and (b) so I can see if it happens to develop elsewhere which would eliminate a possible nute splash or something incidental like that. :pass:
I don't know either. I have cut the others off and this appeared about 2 weeks later. I don't think nute splash cause it will burn the tissue. This is not and gets no bigger. I have looked under a microscope and it doesn't even bother the trichomes. It doesn't come back to the same area either. It looks like the plant doesnt mind it so no worries yet here. I will just keep clipping these. There is not a lot. just one right now. I will keep researching this cause you know how us growers are lol. Thanks for your response Happy Holidays

I’d say it’s a touch heavy on N locking out ca also possible slightly high ppm I see just a little tip burn back of the nutes a touch :toke:

I wouldnt worry about it too much but lildab is probably pretty much right on the money. This happens to me when I overfeed and I flip to flower. Plants look awesome till the diet changes. Less N during flower and if its built up in the soil its hard to get rid of cuz the plant will keep taking it.

Never had this before... It is not eating away at any tissue and the plant is doing great. I have just found it on 2 leaves. Just curious. It looks to be on the top surface of the leaf only
I've got that before, not long after upping feed dose or when I maybe used too much Advanced Nutrients overdrive. I put it down to too much N in late flower.

I don't know either. I have cut the others off and this appeared about 2 weeks later. I don't think nute splash cause it will burn the tissue. This is not and gets no bigger. I have looked under a microscope and it doesn't even bother the trichomes. It doesn't come back to the same area either. It looks like the plant doesnt mind it so no worries yet here. I will just keep clipping these. There is not a lot. just one right now. I will keep researching this cause you know how us growers are lol. Thanks for your response Happy Holidays
If its a nutrient imbalance clipping the leaf will just make it appear on more. Leave em. I only get rid of a leaf its its more than half brown or falling off on its own, besides defoliation of course.

What ever it is it did not show up anymore. Was not worried just curious. I have not fed a different ppm in 3 weeks when this appeared. No soil here and she is not a photoperiod . I am satisfied on how she is finishing and as always Mephisto delivers. This one was a freebie Strawberry Nuggets x Super Orange Haze. The smell is out of this world very berry . I am stoked to try this. Thanks for everybody's input

Attachments

• 20231227_180935.jpg
    20231227_180935.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 20231227_180857.jpg
    20231227_180857.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
Back