Bubbble hash questions...

A pic off one of my last runs of hash from the outdoor. I believe I ended up running almost 22 oz's of hash this year off my trim and larf I turned most of it into Rosin with amazing returns of 60 to 70% off the hash if your in to pressing rosin hash is a great way to go. I don't know if you have a dry sift but a trim bin is a great investment. I like to dry sift all my material 1st before I do a hash run you would be amazed how much kief you can get in a dry sift and still get amazing returns off the hash runs.
View attachment 1173170
If I had to guess I would say you should expect to see a pile that looks about like this when you are done. I mix all my runs together for end product that way everything has an equal potency level just my personal preference.
Looks like a pretty nice return there Jean. How do you dry your hash? Ive done a few runs now and have been freezing it then running it through a zester to powder it and drying on parchment paper for 48hrs. Been thinking about trying the sieve method but don't have one at the moment. thanks!

I did trim only as my first ever try.
Did 2 wash and this is the result...
Funny i had nothing in the 25 bag firt wash...but some in my second. ?
Looks good Smoking! Im new to hash making but I believe 25micron is mostly broken trichomes and if so that would make sense as the buds are beaten up the more you go.

Almost finish for today!
GF brought me some of my favorite quarentine goodies!

Edit:pix won t attach...

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty nice return there Jean. How do you dry your hash? Ive done a few runs now and have been freezing it then running it through a zester to powder it and drying on parchment paper for 48hrs. Been thinking about trying the sieve method but don't have one at the moment. thanks!

Looks good Smoking! Im new to hash making but I believe 25micron is mostly broken trichomes and if so that would make sense as the buds are beaten up the more you go.
I haven't ever tried micro planning yet usually I chop it down into small pieces and dry it on a dinner plate for 2 to 3 days if I plan on doing a rosin run with it or 5 to 7 days if I plan to keep it as hash. I store it in a glass jar burping it every day and squeezing the hash to make sure its not too moist. IMO you want it to be kinda crumbly but sticky you don't want it to be gooey or like play doh in consistency that will mold up quick in a jar speaking from experience I've had to throw away my fair share of hash over the years from improper storage n it sucks! I guess the biggest thing is to break it down into smaller pieces don't try to roll a huge ball of hash or a thick log of it. Dry it out for 5 to 7 days depending on the size of the chunks. These are just my opinions of course im sure different environments and climates have different methods. Never store large amounts of it in a single container for sure that's a biggie.

Results...
20200329_194544.jpg
20200329_194648.jpg

Started with trim,did 2 washes ,then did larf,first 2 wash larf only,then added another bag of trim for wash 3,4 and 5.
I never removed any material,only adding new material and ice...a lot of ice!
Maybe that's why the hash is so green...

Things i've learned yesterday:
Making hash with bubble bags is a wet and dirty job.Prepare for so...
Get a lot of ice...
5 wash with same material is too much i think...
Get more ice...
You never have too much empty 5 gals at home...
Need more ice...( had 4 bags for 25lbs)
First hash bit got me giggling like a girl...
Did i mention more ice ?
Overall, a fun experience that i will repeat soon! Still got more then 1\4 lbs of larf buds that are very frosty!

Last edited:
Weight is 11.8 grams out of 70 of larf.
3 wash.
Now,how to dry this?
...and what to do with it?:shrug:

Back