Bushy plant

little mike

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Yes,Bruce banner,g.o.a.
I'm pretty green at growing,I'm growing girl scout cookies plant,she is 48 days today,and just started to show her sex,is 48 days a little late for a auto? I've defoliated the 5th time today,how bushy can I let her stay?thanks,

Thanks Bob's Auto,I read what you said,I'm not sure if all sunk in but I will keep at it until it does,this all takes some practice,I'm a one finger texter,

Upvote 0
:toke:- Mike, no need to make so many new threads like this, keep it all in one with the same title/topic. otherwise it becomes clutter and actually a bigger PITA to view and review for info....
If you need to wave a member in, use the "@" in front of their name and it will tag them in Notifications... @little mike

Upvote 0
@little mike , good job on the defol, and prune… as I saw you trimmed up the underskirt. She’ll be good to go for now. Maybe a light final defol at the start of week 3 flower. And then straight on til harvest! As an example, this was the before and after for my plants today…
IMG_3500.jpeg
IMG_3501.jpeg

I am flipping them Sunday to 12/12. And yes, the MZ girls were thirsty!

Upvote 0
That plant appears to be an auto.
Shes just starting to crown off!
Shes gonna get a big bigger if all goes well.
Keep your light schedule! :salute:
gl

Upvote 0
What would have happened with this "bushy plant" if it had not been defoliated? What would be the consequences/outcome?

I similarly have a 'slow' to move into bloom very "bushy plant" like this one before defoliation. I haven't done any defoliation other than clearing ventilation space at the bottom. With good penetrating quantum board lighting from multiple angles, I see no reason to remove fully functional leaves unless there is a reason. [Is my reasoning faulty here?]

Upvote 0
Bushy Plant
That plant appears to be an auto.
Shes just starting to crown off!
Shes gonna get a big bigger if all goes well.
Keep your light schedule! :salute:
gl

:toke:- Mike, no need to make so many new threads like this, keep it all in one with the same title/topic. otherwise it becomes clutter and actually a bigger PITA to view and review for info....
If you need to wave a member in, use the "@" in front of their name and it will tag them in Notifications... @little mike

What would have happened with this "bushy plant" if it had not been defoliated? What would be the consequences/outcome?

I similarly have a 'slow' to move into bloom very "bushy plant" like this one before defoliation. I haven't done any defoliation other than clearing ventilation space at the bottom. With good penetrating quantum board lighting from multiple angles, I see no reason to remove fully functional leaves unless there is a reason. [Is my reasoning faulty here?]

I similarly have a 'slow' to move into bloom very "bushy plant" like this one before defoliation. I haven't done any defoliation other than clearing ventilation space at the bottom. With good penetrating quantum board lighting from multiple angles, I see no reason to remove fully functional leaves unless there is a reason. [Is my reasoning faulty her

@Billjp1 hello Bill,it sounds like you have lots of experience,the reason I defiled her is because I was worried about powder mildew & bugs,also I want the bud sites to not be blocked from light,is it good to not defoil?

Upvote 0
@Waira ,thanks for what you said,it helped a lot,🙂

Upvote 0
@little mike , good job on the defol, and prune… as I saw you trimmed up the underskirt. She’ll be good to go for now. Maybe a light final defol at the start of week 3 flower. And then straight on til harvest! As an example, this was the before and after for my plants today…View attachment 1670065View attachment 1670068
I am flipping them Sunday to 12/12. And yes, the MZ girls were thirsty!
@Jpkindbud thanks man,looks like you have a nice set up,cool,

Upvote 0
is it good to not defoil?
Its fine and works great, don't let anyone tell you not to defoliate.. experiment for yourself and see how it works and what doesnt work. I do it on almost every plant btw and have great results. Here is an example from my current grow, as you can see I take off quite a bit. Some plants get abused and some plants don't need much at all.
1000018801.jpg

Upvote 0
Back