Bushy plant

little mike

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Yes,Bruce banner,g.o.a.
I'm pretty green at growing,I'm growing girl scout cookies plant,she is 48 days today,and just started to show her sex,is 48 days a little late for a auto? I've defoliated the 5th time today,how bushy can I let her stay?thanks,

I've been told no light leaks inside (powerstrips,humidifiers etc.) or coming in outside the tent.I'm a new grower myself.Good luck.
I believe that we have figured that it’s the intensity of the light leak, not light leaks itself that slows or stops flower. You can grow photos outside and during full moon the light can get pretty intense. A power strip switch light may not be strong enough to alter the growth. But if you grow in a room and leave the lights on in that room the tent is in then maybe, especially if that light is strong. Obviously the more machine/ equip lights you have in one tent could do the same. I have a power strip and a small ceramic heater in there, both with switch lights indicating on position and never had a problem… but if I left the basement lights on I may…

Upvote 0
I believe that we have figured that it’s the intensity of the light leak, not light leaks itself that slows or stops flower. You can grow photos outside and during full moon the light can get pretty intense. A power strip switch light may not be strong enough to alter the growth. But if you grow in a room and leave the lights on in that room the tent is in then maybe, especially if that light is strong. Obviously the more machine/ equip lights you have in one tent could do the same. I have a power strip and a small ceramic heater in there, both with switch lights indicating on position and never had a problem… but if I left the basement lights on I may…
Thanks again, this is really good information that I didn't know,🙂

Upvote 0
I wish I'd of joined this group earlier,I would of saved myself a lot of unpleasant lessons,I know I will be asking lot more,👍
Same here, when I found this site I never looked back! So much great info on nutes, growstyles, lighting, genetics… you are new here, yes? Check out the cultivators club application area. Document a grow from start to finish, whatever genetics you have, and then finish by reviewing your dried and cured flower, fill out the application and tag a moderator for approval. Once approved, you’ll be in the cultivators club where you’ll get access to genetics testing at first ( for breeders) and then other test opportunities may arise, like a new nute line, amendment packs, lights, grow equipment. After admittance, it’s required to do at least a documented grow per year (I think) to remain active. It’s definitely worth your time. A lot of genetics get released every year and most we test haven’t been released yet so document good with bad.

Upvote 0
IMHO, there is no need to cut your light back to 12/12 as your plant looks like she’s finishing up her first week of flower with the lime green tops and fuzz balls starting to form already.
She’s going to stretch into a big girl so keep up the defoliation. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Same here, when I found this site I never looked back! So much great info on nutes, growstyles, lighting, genetics… you are new here, yes? Check out the cultivators club application area. Document a grow from start to finish, whatever genetics you have, and then finish by reviewing your dried and cured flower, fill out the application and tag a moderator for approval. Once approved, you’ll be in the cultivators club where you’ll get access to genetics testing at first ( for breeders) and then other test opportunities may arise, like a new nute line, amendment packs, lights, grow equipment. After admittance, it’s required to do at least a documented grow per year (I think) to remain active. It’s definitely worth your time. A lot of genetics get released every year and most we test haven’t been released yet so document good with bad.
Man,this is awesome,I'm going to document my next grow then, thank you a lot, I'm really happy, this is going to be fun,
IMHO, there is no need to cut your light back to 12/12 as your plant looks like she’s finishing up her first week of flower with the lime green tops and fuzz balls starting to form already.
She’s going to stretch into a big girl so keep up the defoliation. :thumbsup:
Ok👍, thanks,

Upvote 0
These pictures are after defoliation, I'm told not to take off more than 20 percent,I think I took a little more,she doesn't seem to be fazed,

Attachments

• IMG20240225134532.jpg
    IMG20240225134532.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG20240225101307.jpg
    IMG20240225101307.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Upvote 0
These pictures are after defoliation, I'm told not to take off more than 20 percent,I think I took a little more,she doesn't seem to be fazed,
Looks good, she will be fine. Nice growing so far, you seem headed for a nice harvest. :pighug:

Upvote 0
Back