Laughing Hyena Seeds Buzzard Grows Laughing Hyena Genetics

Buzzard

The 70's, Best 54 years of my life!
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Blood Orange Haze, Cosmic Queen, RavenberryxGWK
I have decided to keep growing these genetics, so I will run this thread to document my grows. First up are a Lil Mobstar and a Black Fire. I will try to do weekly updates once they get interesting. Today is day 8 for these two. Thanks for stopping by my grow......:growing:
20231024_092452.jpg
20231024_092502.jpg

Day 15 and they are starting to take off. Showing nice vigor and just getting on with it. Giving them about 250 - 300 ppm nutrients so will have to see how they like it. They are on an 18/6 lighting schedule running at 80 degrees F and 60%rh. Thanks for stopping by..... :growing:
20231031_111206.jpg
20231031_111216.jpg

We are at day 22 and growth is taking off. Both Lil Mobstar (first pic) and Black Fire were FIM'ed on day 18 between the 5th and 6th internode and the first node growth was removed. I have been doing some leaf tucking on both, but I think I may have to remove a couple of those big Indica leaves that are choking out the branching. Love the dark healthy color. They are liking the nutrients so I will maybe up the ppm to around 350 or 400. Thanks for stopping by. :growing:
20231107_154230.jpg
20231107_154246.jpg

It's day 29 for Lil Mobstar and Black Fire. They both had some minor defoliation this week and responded well to it. Both are stretching well and building some bud sites. So far there have been no hiccups and they are just doing their thing as expected. Their nutes are at 400 ppm and they aren't complaining so will probably up that by 50 to 100 ppm and see how they like it. Thanks for stopping by.......1st pic is Lil Mobstar, 2nd Black Fire..... :growing:
20231114_133003.jpg
20231114_133011.jpg

We have made it to day 36 and things are definitely picking up. The Lil Mobstar is shaping up to be a beautiful girl, she is spread out nicely and forming lots of bud sites. The Black Fire is staying short and bushy. There are lots of bud sites forming but the internodal gaps are tight and she is a nightmare to keep defoliating, but the light can't penetrate without it. I try not to grow the short bushy ones because I usually screw them up but I will do my best to keep it going. I much prefer a taller plant more spread out. Hopefully it will hit a growth spurt and stretch a little. Thanks for stopping by......... :growing:
20231121_120148.jpg
20231121_120156.jpg

It is now Day 43 and the Lil Mobstar is really getting down to flowering. She has spread out very nice with no training other than FIM and minor defoliation. I think she is going to give a real nice yield. Then there is the Black Fire. I had to do some major defoliation as she had become a mass of vegetation occupying a very small space. She is finally starting to stretch a little and is showing signs of flowering finally. I suck at small plants so I hope she comes around, there is still lots of time. Thanks for dropping by and checking us out... :biggrin:
20231128_122437.jpg
20231128_122455.jpg

Day 50 and we are plugging along nicely on the Lil Mobstar. She is just a beautiful girl to grow. Other than FIM'ing she spread out without any help. I will probably do a little more defoliation towards the end of flowering and I might have to supercrop if she gets too much taller. She is a little nute hungry at times but seems to be getting enough.

The Black Fire is a mystery. I think I may have stunted her when I FIM'ed . She seems to have a good root growth as she drinks almost as much as the big girls so if I get some time I will do a major defoliation and get rid of all the tiny branches in the middle that won't do anything. She was quite slow to start flower so I believe I still have time to bring her around. She looks healthy otherwise. Thanks for stopping by :growing: :growing:
20231205_121931.jpg
20231205_121949.jpg

It's day 57 and we are really stacking on flower. I had to use a dozen LST clips on the Lil Mobstar to bend over some unruly colas that wanted to keep stretching. I wanted to keep the tops well away from the lights. She is always a little on the hungry side so she is getting a third shot of feed mid day. I usually feed to runoff in the morning and then a light feed late afternoon. all in all she is an easy plant to grow.

The Black Fire got a major defoliation on day 51. The underside and middle was a mass of tiny branches that had just totally got away on me. I removed a lot of fluff, and she rewarded me by immediately stretching out and turning on the flower production. I think she will be a slow finisher but it is looking to be a decent finish. I think I will grow this one again and leave it to grow with no training to compare. I believe it was my training that set this one back. Other than that she is a very healthy plant with a nice healthy color. Thanks for stopping by...... :growing:
20231212_165822.jpg
20231212_165834.jpg

Day 64 for the girls. the Lil Mobstar is getting some big pom poms and she is filling the air with a very fruity/berry aroma. She responded well to the tops being bent over so the LST clips were removed. She has been a pleasure to watch as she just powers on through and plumps up.

The Black Fire is doing fine but she is going to need another heavy defoliation, and I hate defoliating. It seems the more I thin her down, the more she fills up. I am definitely going to try her again with no topping and just some bending and tucking. She is a little late coming into flower so is just now starting to form trichs and get some smells. Thanks for stopping by and checking us out.......

:growing: :xmas:
20231219_140128.jpg
20231219_140138.jpg

Back